Commons:Photo challenge/2018 - February - Archaeology
2018 – February – ArchaeologyEdit
The new challenge features Archaeology or excavations, ruins, archeological parks, archaeologists etc.
Ideally, each submission should contain a summary description of the subject in the file information, including the location of the subject, and relevant categories should be added to the files to enable other Commons users to find them and use them. Please take care not to violate copyright in respect of non-free creative works, and observe our educational project scope and the personality rights of identifiable people, or your files may be subject to deletion.
The challenge will remain open for submissions throughout February UTC.
Checklist for this theme:
- Photographs must be the work of the nominator.
- Photographs must be newly uploaded to Commons during the challenge submission period i.e. February 2018 UTC (but may have been taken earlier).
- Submissions must be added to the top of the Entries section below.
- Please do not nominate lots of similar photos; instead choose just your best and most varied images.
Add your entry between the <gallery> tags as indicated. Gallery entries are placed each on a new line, and consist of the filename, a vertical bar |, and a description. For example:
Electric steam iron.jpg|An electric steam iron
For help on the syntax of entries in a gallery see Help:Gallery tag. Please do not add square brackets [[ ]] or include a thumb parameter or the full URL. The File: prefix is not required, but harmless.
- Restriction: A maximum of four entries can be submitted per photographer.
This challenge has already ended. ()
Petroglyphs from V-Bar-V Heritage Site, near Rimrock and Verde Valley, Yavapai County, Coconino National Forest, Arizona, USA. Southern Sinagua people circa 1150-1400 CE, Beaver Creek Rock Art Style. The vertical rock wall with overhanging rock is a natural sundial, and many of the 1032 glyphs served time keeping and calendar functions.
- Lost civilization.jpg
Old Houses in Oman