- There will be two rounds in POTY 2014.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2014.
- Round 2 will include the top 30 (+α) images from Round 1.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The next two will be featured as runners-up.
Round 1 of POTY 2014
- from 17 January 2015
- until 31 January 2015
Round 2 of POTY 2014
- from 15 February 2015
- until 28 February 2015
Beta testing periods
- There will be several days of beta testing period, so we can check whether the voting script is working successfully.
- Votes in the testing period — the several days before the official opening date — are also eligible. The committee will count them as well as the votes cast in the later period.
- If you find a bug for the voting tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:Gadget-EnhancedPOTY.js; report other issues to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2014.
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Thu, 01 Jan 2015 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have at least 75 live edits on any single Wikimedia project before Thu, 01 Jan 2015 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2014 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
- Even if a user has multiple eligible accounts, each user can only cast votes from one account.
- Votes from IP users will be considered invalid.
- Votes cast by ineligible users/accounts, multiple/duplicate votes cast in violation of the rules will be invalidated.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet this criteria as determined by the official POTY 2014 voter eligibility tool.
- We may contact you on your talk page for up to 1 year after you vote to alert you to contest results and invite you to participate in next year's contest. You may opt-out at any time.
In Round 1 - multiple vote - eligible users may vote for as many candidates as they wish to support (one vote per image).
In the final Round 2 - three votes - eligible users may vote for only 3 finalists. Each of these 3 votes counts equal and one candidate must be only voted once. Note: if someone casts more than three votes, only the 3 most recent votes will be counted.
|Galleries by content|
|Arthropods (41)||Birds (51)||Mammals (22)||Other animals (20)|
|Plants and fungi (46)||Bones, shells and fossils (10)||People and human activities (70)||Paintings (38)|
|Settlements (26)||Castles and fortifications (37)||Religious buildings (45)||Constructions and buildings (90)|
|Artificially illuminated outdoor spaces (64)||Infrastructure (27)||Interiors and details (97)||Frescos, ceilings and stained glass (31)|
|Panoramic views (48)||Nature views (55)||Water (52)||Astronomy, satellite and outer space (13)|
|Maps, diagrams and illustrations (14)||Vehicles and crafts (38)||Objects, rocks and miscellaneous (43)||Videos and animations (4)|
|Help · About these icons…|
- Round 1
- All Featured Pictures from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014.
- The top 30 images from Round 1, by number of votes, from any category will go to the final round — the categories are irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes.
- If top two images in a category are not in the top 30 of all images, they will be also promoted to the Final to guarantee a diverse final.
A candidate should not be disqualified or replaced without careful discussion as long as it is not deleted (Ex. : a deletion request alone is not enough reason to disqualify an image.)