- To determine the Rules
- To proceed and announce the contest and the results
Below is a list of users on the Picture of the Year 2015 Committee.
|User:Miya||Talk Page, Email||ja, en-2||UTC+9 (Japan)||Commons admin|
|User:Odisha1||Talk, Email||en, or, hi||UTC+5:30 (India)||Helper, Bot operator|
|User:Uğurkent||Talk, Email||tr, en-2, de-1||UTC+2||Helper|
|User:Rillke||Talk, Email||de, en-2, fr-1||UTC+1||Helper, Commons admin, POTY js extension coder, evaluation specialist|
|User:Beria||Talk, Email||pt, en-3, es-2, fr-1.5||UTC-2 (Brazil)||Commons admin, bot operator (not on WMFLabs)|
|User:Steinsplitter||Talk, Email||de-4, en-2, it-2||UTC+1 (Italy)||Commons admin, Meta admin, bot operator|
Special thanks to Storkk for helping with the evaluation/counting of the votes!
- If you are looking for help, please use the help page so we can provide support more efficiently.
- If you find a bug for the tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:Gadget-EnhancedPOTY.js; other things to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2015.
- If you would like to join the committee, please join the IRC channel #Wikimedia-Commons-POTY and ask for advice.
- CentralNotice banners can be tested on test.wikipedia.org.
- Visit the Wikimedia Blog page on Meta for information on submitting blog posts.
- The @WikiCommons account on Twitter is used to announce POTY news.
- Contact the Wikimedia Foundation esp. Jeff Elder and Ed Erhart (WMF) for posting on Wikipedia Twitter/Facebook feeds—they need explicit permission from the photographers
- Our moderated commons-poty mailing list is used for committee communication.
- The Signpost usually runs an article on POTY; Wikinews might be interested; they should be notified.
- Mailing Lists
An announcement should be sent to all these lists.
- IRC Channels
- Village Pumps
Post a template message in the appropriate language to Wikimedia village pumps.