- 1 Commons:WikiMiniAtlas/Translations
- 2 Official Election Notice
- 3 Licensing update progress notice
- 4 Proposal to change our voting policy
- 5 BNU Strossbüri – Digitàldàtéi fréi vùn Ürhewerrechte
- 6 linguagjam
- 7 Feedback wanted on Commons brochure draft
- 8 Russavia
- 9 New tools and IP masking
- 10 The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started
- 11 Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project
If anyone could spare a minute, I need some help with a translation for a new upcoming Commons-Extension. Thanks! --Dschwen 22:56, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Official Election NoticeEdit
The 2008 Board election committee announces the 2008 election process. Wikimedians will have the opportunity to elect one candidate from the Wikimedia community to serve as a representative on the Board of Trustees. The successful candidate will serve a one-year term, ending in July 2009.
Candidates may nominate themselves for election between May 8 and May 22, and the voting will occur between 1 June and 21 June. For more information on the voting and candidate requirements, see <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008>.
The voting system to be used in this election has not yet been confirmed, however voting will be by secret ballot, and confidentiality will be strictly maintained.
Votes will again be cast and counted on a server owned by an independent, neutral third party, Software in the Public Interest (SPI). SPI will hold cryptographic keys and be responsible for tallying the votes and providing final vote counts to the Election Committee. SPI provided excellent help during the 2007 elections.
Further information can be found at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/en>. Questions may be directed to the Election Committee at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Board_elections/2008/en>. If you are interested in translating official election pages into your own language, please see <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/Translation>.
For the election committee,
Licensing update progress noticeEdit
The licensing update proposal to dual license all Wikimedia Foundation wikis under both the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC-BY-SA) is moving into its final phase. This proposal put forward by the Foundation and made possible by recent changes in the GFDL is contingent on community approval. In a few days a site notice for all editors will announce the start of vote on this proposal that is expected to last three weeks. In the mean time we would invite you to visit the update proposal and its associated FAQ if you want to learn more. We would also appreciate your help finishing the translation effort for the core documents associated with this process.
Proposal to change our voting policyEdit
A while ago I made a proposal to change our policy about the 4 votes requirement during a rfa, the last week(s) there has been a discussion on the talkpage and now I believe its time to go to the village pump.
Please raise any comments, objections or questions on the talkpage and I hope to implent it without any big objections in 2 weeks or so.
The proposal can be found here:
BNU Strossbüri – Digitàldàtéi fréi vùn ÜrhewerrechteEdit
Salü bisama !
Why do you not also try to use kelticlangage? Is there a big differency to alleman? nit signierte Bytrag vu dr IP 22.214.171.124
Feedback wanted on Commons brochure draftEdit
I've been working on a "Welcome to Commons" brochure, and community feedback was extremely helpful. We now have a draft of the designed version, so please share any thoughts you have on how to make it better. The main target audience is newcomers who are learning about Commons for the first time.
A few things to note:
- The current title is Illustrating Wikipedia: A Guide to Contributing Content to Wikimedia Commons, but we're open to better suggestions.
- Neither the design nor the content are final at this point, so if you want to propose significant changes, now is the time.
- Many minor design and text changes will happen in the next revision, but if you notice anything that needs to be adjusted, please comment.
- There is simply placeholder content for the section on adding images using the Visual Editor; once screenshots of the interface are stable, that content will be added in.
At Commons:Bureaucrats/Requests/Russavia (de-Bureaucrat) is a discussion about Russavias role as bureaucrat ongoing. -- Cecil (talk) 09:14, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
New tools and IP maskingEdit
14:18, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just startedEdit
-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:13, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements projectEdit
06:53, 16 October 2019 (UTC)