Open main menu

Glasgow School of Art was established in 1845 as the first Government School of Design in the UK outside London, and is internationally recognised as one of Europe’s foremost institutions for creative education and research. Throughout its long history, the School has provided a library service to its staff and students, and is well-known for its famous library interior designed by architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1907-1909. Today’s library collections encompass a wide range of traditional and electronic formats, but its Special Collections include a number of rare or valuable titles, some dating back to the sixteenth century.