|This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
|This is the user talk page of Zhuyifei1999, where you can send messages and comments to Zhuyifei1999.|
Wiki Loves AfricaEdit
In English (lire en français plus bas)
Thank you for your contribution to Wiki Loves Africa 2017
The project is a celebration of the visual diversity of Africa on Wikipedia and its sister projects. There are several fun ways you can help us to make the impact of Wiki Loves Africa stronger:
- Add more categories to your images so that people will find them to use them in articles ... you can see how to do this here: Quick Guide to Categories on Commons
- Add your image to a relevant Wikipedia article, i.e. if your image shows a tailor sewing, then add the image to an article on Sewing or Tailors - this allows readers to see different global perspectives of a universal subject. You can see how to do this here: How to insert images into Wikipedia using WikiText
- Improve the images description to make them easier to understand and reuse.
- If there is no article that reflects the subject of your images, then start an article about that subject. If you are a new editor, you can see how to do that here: Creating your first article
- Add more images - you can add more images or media that reflect interesting and encyclopedic subjects in your immediate community.
- Become involved in (or start) your local Wikimedia community groups - it is a lot of fun, and is important! Find the existing groups here: Wikimedia groups across Africa
We look forward to seeing your contributions!!
Anthere for the Wiki Loves Africa Team
Merci d'avoir participé à Wiki Loves Africa 2017 !
Le projet se veut une célébration de la diversité visuelle de l'Afrique sur Wikipédia et ses projets frères. Vous pouvez augmenter l'impact de Wiki Loves Africa des façons suivantes:
- Fournir d'avantage de photos !
- Ajouter des catégories à vos images afin que les utilisateurs les trouvent plus facilement. Voici comment faire: Commons:Catégories.
- Vous pouvez également améliorer les descriptions de vos images pour faciliter leur compréhension et leur réutilisation.
- Ajouter vos images dans un article existant sur Wikipédia.
- S'il n'existe aucun article correspondant à ce qu'illustre votre photo, pourquoi ne pas envisager de créer un nouvel article sur Wikipedia ?
- Vous pouvez même rejoindre un groupe d'utilisateurs locaux. Vous pouvez trouver les groupes déjà existant ici: groupes Wikimedia en Afrique
Merci encore pour vos contributions.
Anthere pour l'équipe Wiki Loves Africa.
Pls. check all files by en:User:Patrickroque01Edit
Hi @Zhuyifei1999:! this is en:User:JWilz12345 of Eng. wikipedia and Tagalog Wikipedia. If you have ample time, can you please check all of the files by en:Useer:Patrickroque01 that I transferred from enwiki, with your Embedded Data Bot? I have noticed that upon downloading some of his files to my cellphone, they won't get downloaded (which lets me to realized that they have embedded data). Those imgs by Patrick Roque that I transferred to commons from September 25 to October 7, 2017. Thanks! JWilz12345 (talk) 01:20, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- Embedded data (concatenation) targeted by the bot should have no relation with not being able to download. In any case, please link to a list of the files you want it to check, but it's highly likely that they have already been checked. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 02:00, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- The following are some of the concerned photo files (that I cannot download which led my suspicion of having "embedded data", though unsure):
- File:Aguinaldo Highway - Tagaytay rotonda (Tagaytay, Cavite; 2017-03-16).jpg
- File:Governor's Drive - Carmona rotonda (Carmona, Cavite; 2017-03-16).jpg
- File:Commonwealth Avenue - UP sign at corner University Avenue (Diliman, Quezon City)(2017-07-14) (2).jpg
- File:Alabang-Pateros Road (M.L. Quezon) - Lower Bicutan (with Route 142 marker) (Bicutan,Taguig)(2017-06-25).jpg
- File:Commonwealth Avenue - with MRT-7 project (Quezon City)(2017-07-13) (2).jpg
- File:Aurora Boulevard with Araneta and LRT-2 (Cubao, Quezon City)(2017-09-06).jpg
- File:C.P. Garcia Avenue (C-5 Road, Katipunan) - Aurora to P. Tuazon (Quezon City and Marikina)(2017-09-06).jpg
- File:C.P. Garcia Avenue (C-5 Road, Katipunan) - Ateneo-Miriam area (Quezon City)(2017-09-06).jpg
- File:Taft Avenue - Route 170 sign (Pasay)(2017-08-04).jpg
- File:Taft Avenue - LRT-1 United Nations station (Ermita, Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:Quiapo - P. Casal Street (with Route 180 marker) (Quiapo, Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:Marcos Highway - Masinag (Mayamot, Antipolo)(2017-08-22).jpg
- File:LRT-2 extension project - Masinag (Marcos Highway, Antipolo, Rizal)(2017-06-20).jpg
- File:Ortigas Extension - near Panasonic, with Route 60 sign (Taytay, Rizal)(2017-08-08).jpg
- File:Padre Burgos Avenue with museum and city hall (Ermita, Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:Padre Burgos Avenue - Route 150 marker with city hall clock tower (Ermita, Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:Dimasalang Street - with PNR bridge and Route 162 marker (Sampaloc, Manila)(2017-07-13).jpg
- File:EDSA - Pasay Tramo (Pasay)(2017-08-04) (3).jpg
- File:EDSA - Pasay Tramo (Pasay)(2017-08-04) (1).jpg
- File:EDSA-Cubao - Q-Mart, Kamuning and Timog areas (Quezon City)(2017-08-13).jpg
- File:EDSA-Cubao - southbound with Santolan and Ortigas skyline (Quezon City)(2017-08-13).jpg
- File:Guadalupe (EDSA, Guadalupe, Makati)(2017-08-20).jpg
- File:EDSA-Cubao - MRT Station (Cubao, Quezon City)(2017-08-13).jpg
- File:EDSA - Reliance (Mandaluyong)(2017-05-21).jpg
- File:Shaw Boulevard - crossing (Mandaluyong)(2017-07-05).jpg
- File:Roxas Boulevard - Rizal Park, Luneta, KM-0 (Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:Quirino Highway - with Route 127 marker (Baesa, Quezon City)(2017-07-13).jpg
- File:East Avenue - with Route 174 marker (Diliman, Quezon City)(2017-07-13) (1).jpg
- File:C.M. Recto Avenue - Nicanor Reyes (Manila)(2017-07-13).jpg
- File:España Boulevard - near UST campus (with Route 170 marker) (Sampaloc, Manila)(2017-06-12).jpg
- File:SLEX tollgate - Nichols (South Superhighway, Pasay)(2017-05-21).jpg
- File:SLEX Skyway - Sucat toll plaza (South Superhighway, Muntinlupa)(2017-05-25).jpg
- File:NLEX Santa Rita northbound (Guiguinto, Bulacan)(2017-03-14).jpg
- File:NLEX near Malinta tollgate (Paso De Blas, Valenzuela)(2017-05-10).jpg
- It's not my intention to speedily delete nor request deletion these files (which I transferred to here from enwiki, and I thick Patrick Roque won't allow such deletions). But I want to have these files checked and if there is such "data", be made them "Commons-safe" as soon as possible (e.g. truncation or replacing with same but w/o embedded data file). And if it is possible, I desire that my uploads and transfers from enwiki be automatically checked by your bot by way of flagging or tagging me (my account). Thanks! JWilz12345 (talk) 11:57, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
- The first one contains a jpeg embedded thumbnail at position 3879424 bytes (3.7 MiB), and such embedded thumbnail is neither explicitly acceptable nor unacceptable. And no, the bot exists for an anti-abuse purpose, not I-want-to-keep-my-files-clean purpose. (Well, embedded thumbnails are usually not abusive, but the bot cannot tell for certain, though abuse usually comes form newbies.) If you really insist you may use jpegtran to "clean" them, but that is not the primary purpose of the bot and manually blacklisting certain users (it uses a certain threshold of uploader's edit count to determine whether to check their files) require extra effort that I do not intend to do. (In the case of abuse, as in the primary purpose of the bot, blocking the abuser is so much easier than blacklisting.) --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 18:41, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
Structured Commons focus group update, December 11, 2017Edit
Hello! You are receiving this message because you signed up for the community focus group for Structured Commons :-)
Later this week, a full newsletter will be distributed, but you are the first to receive an update on new requests for feedback.
- Three requests for feedback
- We received many additions to the spreadsheet that collects important Commons and Wikidata tools. Thank you! Now, you can participate in a survey that helps us understand and prioritize which tools and functionalities are most important for the Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata communities. The survey runs until December 22. Here's some background.
- Help the team decide on better names for 'captions' and 'descriptions'. You can provide input until January 3, 2018.
- Help collect interesting Commons files, to prepare for the data modelling challenges ahead! Continuous input is welcome there.
17:58, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!
- Community updates
- There was a IRC Office Hour about Structured Commons on November 21. You can read the log here.
- Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
- NEW: Participate in a survey that helps us prioritize which tools are important for the Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata communities. The survey runs until December 22. Here's some background.
- NEW: Help the team decide on better names for 'captions' and 'descriptions'. You can provide input until January 3, 2018.
- NEW: Help collect interesting Commons files, to prepare for the data modelling challenges ahead! Continuous input is welcome.
- Join the community focus group!
- Do you want to translate messages and information about Structured Data on Commons from English to your own language? Sign up on the translators page.
- Sandra presented the plans for Structured Commons during WikidataCon in Berlin, on October 29. The presentation focused on collaboration between the Wikidata and Commons communities. You can see the full video here.
- Partners and allies
- We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
- Research findings from interviews and surveys of GLAM project participants are being published to the research page. Check back over the next few weeks as additional details (notes, quotes, charts, blog posts, and slide decks) will be added to or linked from that page.
- The Structured Commons team has written and submitted a report about the first nine months of work on the project to its funders, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The 53-page report, published on November 1, is available on Wikimedia Commons.
- The team has started working on designs for changes to the upload wizard (T182019).
- We started preliminary work to prototype changes for file info pages.
- Work on the MediaInfo extension is ongoing (T176012).
- The team is continuing its work on baseline metrics on Commons, in order to be able to measure the effectiveness of structured data on Commons. (T174519)
- Upcoming: in the first half of 2018, the first prototypes and design sketches for file pages, the UploadWizard, and for search will be published for discussion and feedback!
- Stay up to date!
- Follow the Structured Data on Commons project on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/34/
- Subscribe to this newsletter to receive it on a talk page of your own choice.
- Join the next IRC office hour and ask questions to the team! It takes place on Tuesday, February 13, 18.00 UTC in wikimedia-office webchat.
Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 16:32, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
15:26, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to Blocking tools consultationEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team is inviting all Wikimedians to discuss new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools in December 2017 for development work in early 2018.
We are specifically contacting you for your ideas because you are one of the top users of the blocking tool on Commons. We think that your comments will help us make better improvements. You can post to the discussion in the language that you are most comfortable expressing your ideas.
Other ways that you can helpEdit
- Spread the word that the consultation is happening; this is an important discussion for making decisions about improving the blocking tools.
- Help with translation.
- If you know of current or previous discussions about blocking tools that happened on your wiki, share the links.
- Help summarize the discussion to share back to your wiki.
If you have questions you can contact me on wiki or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 17:31, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- I apologize for posting in English.
- Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.