Category:Isaac T. Hopper House 110 Second Avenue
The Isaac T. Hopper House at 110 Second Avenue between East 6h and 7th Streets in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a Greek Revival town house built in 1837-38. It was built as a rowhouse, and was orignally the residence of David H. Robertson, a merchant who later went bankrupt. The house then became the home of Ralph and Ann E. Van Wyck Mead, one of four rowhouses used by their extended family. It remained owned by the MEad family until 1870, and in 1874 was purchased by the Women's Prison Association, founded by Quaker abolitionists and prison reformers Isaac Tatem Hopper and his daughter Abigail Hopper Gibbons. The Isaac T. Hopper Home continues to serve the Women's Prison Association as a home for wayward girls. It is a NYC landmark, and is located within the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District (Source: "East Village/Lower East Side Historic District Designation Report" and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "Isaac T. Hopper House 110 Second Avenue"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.