Mysore (pronounced [maɪˈsɔər] in English; Kannada: ಮೈಸೂರು Mysuru) is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of the Mysore district and the en:Mysore division and lies about 146 km southwest of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. The name Mysore is an anglicised version of Mahishūru, which means the abode of Mahisha. Mahisha stands for Mahishasura, a demon from the Hindu mythology.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
city in the state of Karnataka, India
|Elevation above sea level||
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Suburbs of Mysore (6 C)
- ► Buildings in Mysore (15 C)
- ► Geography of Mysore (13 C)
- ► History of Mysore (8 C)
- ► Kingdom of Mysore (16 C)
- ► Nature of Mysore (10 C)
- ► People of Mysore (28 C, 24 F)
- ► Transport in Mysore (4 C, 3 F)
- ► Visitor attractions in Mysore (8 C)
Pages in category "Mysore"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Mysore"
This category contains only the following file.
- Mysore.ogg 1.2 s; 19 KB