Category:St. Nicholas Historic District
The St. Nicholas Historic District, known colloquially as "Striver's Row", is located on both sides of West 138th and West 139th Streets between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard (Seventh Avenue) and Frederick Douglass Boulevard (Eighth Avenue) in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It consists of four sets of residential rowhouses designed by noted architects and built in 1891-93 by developer David H. King, Jr.:
- the red brick and brownstone buildings on the south (even numbered) side of West 138th Street and at 2350-2354 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard were designed by James Brown Lord in the Georgian Revival style;
- the yellow brick and white limestone with terra cotta trim buildings on the north (odd-numbered) side of 138th and on the south (even-numbered) side of 139th Street and at 2360-2378 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard were designed in the Colonial Revival style by Bruce Price and Clarence S. Luce;
- the dark brick, brownstone and terra cotta buildings on the north (odd-numbered) side of 139th Street and at 2380 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard were designed in the Italian Renaissance Revival style by Stanford White of the firm McKim, Mead & White. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
Media in category "St. Nicholas Historic District"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Strivers gate No. 6.jpg 293 KB