Category:United States Minor Outlying Islands
group of mostly uninhabited insular areas of the United States (as defined by ISO for statistical purposes)
|Instance of||island group,|
statistical territorial entity,
|Location||United States of America|
|Located in or next to body of water||Pacific Ocean (mainly)|
|Top-level Internet domain|
The United States Minor Outlying Islands, a statistical designation defined by the United Nations (and in ISO 3166-1) for statistical purpose, consists of nine insular unorganized territories of the United States, mostly uninhabited. Palmyra Atoll is the only incorporated territory, the others are unincorporated. Most of them are in Oceania, except Navassa Island located in the Antillas.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Maps of the United States Minor Outlying Islands (10 C, 4 F)
- ► .um (2 F)
Media in category "United States Minor Outlying Islands"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Balloon Run at Jarvis Island (80-CF-798677-12).jpg 2,787 × 2,273; 1.04 MB
- Balloon Station at Jarvis Island (80-CF-798677-13).jpg 2,873 × 2,243; 1,011 KB
- Camp at Jarvis Island (80-CF-798677-7).jpg 2,761 × 2,089; 963 KB
- Camp on Baker Island (80-CF-79868-49).jpg 2,864 × 2,256; 1.08 MB
- General View of Baker Island (80-CF-79868-45).jpg 2,847 × 2,234; 934 KB
- General view of camp at Howland Island (80-CF-79868-5).jpg 2,873 × 2,256; 1.17 MB
- Government House on Baker Island (80-CF-79868-39).jpg 2,851 × 2,221; 1 MB
- Government House on Howland Island (80-CF-79868-11).jpg 2,866 × 2,233; 1.07 MB
- Government House on Jarvis Island (80-CF-798677-9).jpg 2,723 × 2,187; 1,022 KB
- Hauling Water on Howland Island (80-CF-79868-1).jpg 2,847 × 2,209; 1.06 MB
- Men left at Jarvis Island (80-CF-798677-14).jpg 2,860 × 2,212; 1.15 MB
- Unloading Boat at Howland Island (80-CF-79868-2).jpg 2,845 × 2,279; 1.05 MB
- View of Camp on Howland Island - 80-CF-79868-7 (1937-01-23).jpg 2,862 × 2,239; 1.21 MB