English: The Waverley Route was a former double track railway line in southern Scotland and northern England. The route connected Edinburgh, Midlothian and the Scottish Borders with Carlisle, meeting what is now known as the West Coast Main Line there. The section from Edinburgh to Tweedbank has been rebuilt as the Borders Railway, opening in September 2015. The remaining sections are now rail trail hiking and bike routes. Scottish politicians have expressed an interest in reinstating the remainder of the route from Tweedbank to Carlisle but as of 2015, no firm plans exist to do so.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Gorebridge railway station (2 F)
- ► Heriot railway station (2 F)
- ► Melrose railway station (6 F)
- ► Riccarton Junction railway station (20 F)
- ► Stow railway station (5 F)
- ► Trains on the Waverley Route (10 C, 1 F)
- ► Whitrope siding (20 F)
Media in category "Waverley Route"
The following 73 files are in this category, out of 73 total.