Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2011
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 was a public photo contest around monuments, organized by Wikimedia chapters. In 2010 this was organized for the first time in the Netherlands (see Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2010 for more information), and in 2011 it was organized in 18 European countries. This portal is mainly targeted at the people organizing this contest. You can find the winning images here.
In total 169,150 pictures of European monuments were uploaded. See Category:Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2011.
The contest is organized in a federative fashion, so the details on a national level might differ from country to country. The basic concept is that people are invited to upload images of monumental objects under a free license for usage on Wikipedia. We want to try to get complete lists of these monuments on Wikipedia, including photos - giving a great and unique overview of the cultural heritage in a country.
- The concept is worked out in more detail on Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2011/Concept.
The European contest was held from 1 - 30 September, unless stated otherwise national contest had the same timeframe. Only pictures uploaded between 1-30 september were eligible for the European contest.
- Belgium & Luxembourg
- Hungary (21 September - 21 October)
- Russia (15 September - 30 September)
- Switzerland (1 July - 30 September)
- More detailed information on which countries did participate, and organization details are available on Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2011/Progress
The preparation for the contest began in January 2011. The contest was being held from 1 - 30 September 2011.
- A timeline is available on Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2011/Timeline
For 2012 Wiki Loves Monuments activities, see Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
In total 169.150 pictures of European monuments were uploaded.
- Need to come more
Best pictures of each countryEdit
- Gallery: Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 winners.
|Germany (blog)||Hungary (blog)||Luxembourg||Netherlands (more)||Norway||Poland (blog)|
|Portugal (blog)||Romania||Russia||Spain||Sweden (blog)||Switzerland|
|Wiki Loves Monuments 2011|
Concept - Philosophy - Timeline - Progress - Monuments database - Tools - Action points - Upload wizard - Sponsors - Press - Highlighted pictures