User talk:Ellin Beltz
two photos to be deleted
- Hi Ellin Beltz,
- there are two photos that should be deleted, the first the person in the photo is not the Italian journalist indro montanelli (as it is stated), the second is copyright and is not in the public domain in the united states and was taken in ethiopia
- 1 Duce Ethiopia
- 2 Indro Montanelli with Ethiopian slave just purchased --Walshevans1 (talk) 15:36, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Walshevans1: While I had nothing to do with it; the images File:Duce Ethiopia.jpg and File:Indro_Montanelli_with_Ethiopian_slave_just_purchased.jp are now Done. Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 04:13, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
I really don't understand why you deleted some of the pictures I put on the Dutch wiki section about the former wallpaper company of my grandfather and his brothers ( " Rath & Doodeheefver "). I get these original pictures from my father who get it from his father. So, I own now the original pictures made by my family's members (most of them passed away). So these pictures are free of rights and my purpose is only, to illustrate this former famous family business that doesn't exist anymore. So, no commercial purpose at all.
So, please, can you explain me how to put these photo again ont the wiki section? (except the google Prinsegracht street one).
Thanks for your help.
Paul Adrien Doodeheefver (PADO contributor)
- Hi PADO: Sorry, but several images you uploaded were advertising. If you received these from family members, they may not (probably didn't) have the copyrights to these images. If you feel that images were created by your family members to whom you are the heir, please fill in the form at COM:OTRS and the volunteer editors there can help you with the permissions. I would however suggest that you review the images before starting this process. I don't see how your family could have created all the pictures you uploaded and it wouldn't be good to say they did if they didn't. Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 18:23, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
I recently uploaded two photos that my company (Eurasia Group) owns but that you deleted. I'm having difficulty determining how we can re-upload the photo with the appropriate information about ownership so it doesn't get deleted again, in addition to determining how we can upload our own photos so they're never deleted in the first place.
One photo was a headshot of our president, Ian Bremmer. The other was a photo of Mr. Bremmer with Antonio Guterres, the secretary-general of the United Nations. Again, we own both of these photos, as well as another of Mr. Bremmer speaking at an event, which we saw you also labeled for deletion. We emailed firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the photo of Mr. Bremmer and Mr. Guterres. Please let me know how we can get these uploaded as quickly as possible and the specific information we must enter when uploading a photo to remove any doubts that these photos belong to us.
- Hio Ngedana: "Owns" is not the same thing as "owns the copyright." Images here need the permission of the copyright holder. If you feel you have this right, and that the image was deleted in error, fill in the form at COM:OTRS where volunteer editors skilled in permissions will help you. Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 18:20, 16 July 2019 (UTC)