Welcome! - Replies may not be instant, this user also sleeps, eats, works & goes to school and is recovering from the worst summer cold ever.
You can please some of the people all of the time,
Hi, several of pictures I have uploaded are now nominated to be deleted due to source issues. Some pictures come from photographers that have directly given them to me and allowed me to use those pictures. Since there is no web link or book I can put in the sources, do I simply put "© Name of the photographer" ? Thank you, -Wikipediaval (talk) 04:55, 29 June 2015 (CEST)
- Hi Wikipediaval: I reviewed your situation and find the following six situations before the present mass deletion request which I shall address in the following paragraph:
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:WaitingIII.jpg - deleted due to COM:COPYVIO and link provided to actual source
- File:Ville fantastique.jpg - deleted due to COM:COPYVIO and link provided to actual source
- File:Villeembassy.png - deleted due to COM:COPYVIO
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:Waiting3.PNG - deleted because work of a living artist, COM:OTRS required
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:Urbanshanghai.PNG - deleted because work of a living artist, COM:OTRS required
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:CadencebyVal.jpg - deleted because work of a living artist, COM:OTRS required
- The current mass deletion request is at Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Wikipediaval. Please leave your comments there. Nothing discussed on user pages is taken into account by deletion closing administrators.
- To answer your specific question about "allowed me to use", that is not at all the same thing as "giving you the copyright." In order to upload to Commons you must either be the copyright holder , have their specific permission (see COM:OTRS, or the image must be itself free prior to your upload (see COM:L). Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 15:48, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
Assistance re "Deletion requests" Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by The iWriterEdit
We have recently uploaded number of images with the intention to validate some of our claims in the biographical article we are developing (images to be used as links next to the award listings, etc.) However, we have encountered this deletion request and are interested to learn how we can preserve the images and avoid any potential regulation violations.
With this article we intend to present life and legacy of one, in our view, exceptional lady that has promoted Indian tradition worldwide and provided hundreds of people from rural India with means to earn their living with this traditional craft (blue pottery).
As part of the article, we have listed numerous awards and certificates that we wanted to further authenticate with images, it seems that in this process we have accidentally violated some of the rules. We wish to correct this issues and preserve as many images as possible. Please let us know what are our options.
Thank you for your time. Looking forward to your response.
- Hi The iWriter: The only place for this discussion is at the mass deletion request page. There is a notification on your talk page which also contains the link, however, please click here Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by The iWriter and reply there. Nothing written here is added to or affects that discussion. Cheers! Ellin Beltz (talk) 15:37, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
I tried to upload a logo for the page Christopher Ward (watchmaker). I work for a company on their behalf and you can find the logo here www.christopherward.co.uk/ I have noticed other similar companies have their logo appearing, so how can I get mine to?
Adding info to pictureEdit
As you suggested, I tried to edit the info attached to pictures that I uploaded to Wikimedia Commons but didn't see an edit mode. Also, I don't really have more info to add. Maybe I just put it in the wrong place on the form. On the Wikipedia page the pictures have captions as intended. Karen Novak, PhD (talk) 18:43, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Karen Novak, PhD: Please see the image attached to the right for help finding edit and history on an image page. Ellin Beltz (talk) 15:58, 1 July 2015 (UTC) PS: (talk page stalker)s with interests in turn of the century painting invited to help straighten this out.