The old stuff went here:
- Definitely troublesome and thanks for the message . I've started blacklisting the links and running through the tools on Meta in case it's cross wiki. Best --Herby talk thyme 11:34, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Plus - the varied editing times suggest that maybe there are some proxies among those IPs. I'll look more when I have time. Best --Herby talk thyme 11:52, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
about this fileEdit
N.Iran.S nominated this file for deletion and you deleted it without checking there is not a copyright law in Iran...https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:%D8%A7%DB%8C%D9%86%D9%81%D9%88%DA%AF%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%81%DB%8C_%DA%A9%D9%85%DA%A9_%D9%85%D8%B9%DB%8C%D8%B4%D8%AA%DB%8C_%DA%A9%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%DB%B0%DB%B1.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1 Baratiiman (talk) 12:59, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- There is nothing about free licensing that I could see (& I've just rechecked it) on the website. Thanks --Herby talk thyme 13:31, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
image AL Badminton Player.jpgEdit
Je suis l'auteur de cette photo.
Je l'ai versé dans common en ayant me semble-t-il suivi la procédure, et malgré cela il m'est en permanence renvoyé une alerte selon laquelle : Cette image n'a pas de source valide. Il est impératif de renseigner la source de l'image et la licence sous laquelle cette image a été téléchargée afin que tout le monde puisse les vérifier. Plus particulièrement, l'auteur et la source du fichier sont les données les plus importantes, même si l'image provient du domaine public. Si possible, il faudrait pouvoir donner les informations sur la date de création. Sans renseignement de ces informations très rapidement, l'image sera supprimée dans les sept jours.
j'ai également indiqué que je versais sous licence
malgré cela toujours le même message d'alerte
je ne m'en sors pas !!! que puis-je faire
- Si l'image vous appartient, pouvez-vous en télécharger une version complète s'il vous plaît?
- La taille de l'image signifie qu'elle semble provenir d'un site Web. Merci et excusez mon français! --Herby talk thyme 12:48, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
Merci pour cette réponse... ne vous inquiétez pas pour votre Français : parfait. Il s'agit d'une photo de famille, prise sur mon portable, je l'ai recadrée et que j'ai ensuite transférée sur mon mail par la fonction "partager", elle a donc été compressée lors de cette action de transfert. Depuis mon ordinateur je l'ai chargée sur common. Je peux en effet télécharger la version originale .... ne sera-t-elle pas trop "grosse" pour Common ?--De Reinal (talk) 17:21, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
L.Ramón G. Del PomarEdit
|L.Ramón G. Del Pomar|
|No sé por qué eliminas la página que he creado????? Rafa ModSilver (talk) 12:30, 7 September 2020 (UTC)|
Hello Herbythyme - photographs of French advertising campaigns for Leffe and CoppertoneEdit
You commented on two advertising campaigns I uploaded onto wikimedia commons and then put on two different wikipedia pages: Leffe and Coppertone (sunscreen) and Leffe (bière). What did I do wrong ?
Herbythyme I saw your reply in an automatic email "Both of these images are copyrighted I'm afraid and so cannot be hosted on Commons." but I'm not sure this is where I can exchange with you. Why aren't we in the same discussion? Anyway, what makes you think these ad campaigns have copyright??? For a start the campaign for Leffe was done singlehandlely by my father bernard moors through his advertising company "bernard moors conseil". And I have a written authorization from my father to publish these campaigns with the selected copyright status.
I just saw your message "Both of these images are copyrighted I'm afraid and so cannot be hosted on Commons. --Herby talk thyme 13:30, 8 September 2020 (UTC) We can talk wherever you like (though it would be helpful if you "sign" your posts - the editing toolbar has a button. La Monde will hold copyright on anything that they have published - almost all newspapers do I'm afraid. While your father may have been responsible for the advertising campaign it is extremely likely that the client who ordered the campaign will be the copyright owner of it and not the company which arranged the advertising. Thanks --Herby talk thyme 13:44, 8 September 2020 (UTC)".
I will ask my father to check with both clients that he owns the copyright. He already published both advertising campaign in different books so I am pretty sure he owns the copy right. Else it might already be in the public domain. Could you please give me a full week to revert? I will now try to sign. Regards.--Emmencyclopédie (talk) 14:36, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- It would be almost certain that the commissioning clients will hold the copyright but you are welcome to try. I have removed the tags for now --Herby talk thyme 14:50, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
Herby, what you are saying is NOT correct. I checked again with my father and he confirmed in writing that in France THE ADVERTISING MATERIAL BELONGS TO THE ADVERTISING AGENCY WHICH HAS THE COPYRIGHT. There is a jurisprudence in France for this. Both campaigns were done in France. The fact that he published two books which this material is evidence that he has the rights. Your threat to remove these photos is unjustified. Please stop. thank you.--Emmencyclopédie (talk) 19:30, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- OK - please let me have a link to the licensing at La Monde and I will check it.
- If what you say is true then the head of the agency may confirm licensing via COM:OTRS. Obviously the email will have to come from the agency. --Herby talk thyme 07:28, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
- Actually as far as La Monde is concerned the position seems completely clear. Under the heading "PROPRIETÉ INTELLECTUELLE" on the website it is clear that there is no licensing compatible with the requirements to host images on Commons. You MUST ensure that you actually understand the licensing requirement on Commons (see COM:L) please. --Herby talk thyme 07:34, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
File:Razi Ahmed.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Hi, thank you for notifying me about the copyright issue. Since it was the first time I uploaded an image on Wikimedia, I forgot to add the license code. I did it finally, so I request you to kindly see through it and also the deletion process if it can be taken back. Abihenry99 (talk) 16:19, 8 September 2020 (UTC)