User talk:Magog the Ogre
A little help too!Edit
Magog, it looks like I messed up when I transferred File:Arthur Sullivan memorial at Wellington Barracks.JPG here - I didn't move over the original upload, only the derivative version. Kelly (talk) 08:23, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
Pablo from MilanoEdit
His newest: INeverCry 23:48, 23 August 2016 (UTC).
File:Sam Lord's Castle Barbadoes 1949. by Ted Hill.jpg.Edit
Thank you for contacting me about this old photo. You say I need to provide more information about it but I am not clear exactly what extra information is needed. I have expanded the note I had written under "Licensing" so that it now reads: "I, John Hill, am the eldest son of Dr. A. E. (Ted) Hill and inherited his photos after his death in 2004 and so I am now the copyright holder for this photo. I hereby release the photo under GNU Free Documentation License. John E. Hill (talk) 08:39, 28 August 2016 (UTC)" Is this enough? If not, please tell me clearly what else I need to do. Apologies for the nuisance. Thanks so much for your help. Sincerely, John E. Hill (talk) 08:39, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- @John Hill: every file should have a license template on its description page. You can see this in the top paragraph of Commons:Licensing where it says, "The license that applies to an image or media file must be indicated clearly on the file description page using a copyright tag."
- So in this case, you could add a copyright tag like this:
- We definitely prefer a dual cc license nowadays, so this would be even better:
- Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 20:08, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you so much. This is a great help. I have never really understood the proper way of adding copyright info. I tried to work it out some years ago and couldn't quite understand it, so I have just barged ahead blindly ever since. Hopefully, I will be able to do a better job now. Best wishes and cheers, John E. Hill (talk) 20:41, 28 August 2016 (UTC)