Hyderābād state (Telugu: హైదరాబాదు, Urdu: حیدر آباد) was the largest Indian princely states in the erstwhile British Indian Empire. It was located in the south-central region of the Indian subcontinent, and was ruled, from 1724 until 1948, by a hereditary en:Nizam. The Berar region of the state was merged with the Central Provinces of British India in 1903, to form the en:Central Provinces and Berar. In 1947, at the time of the Category:Partition of India and the formation of the Union of India and the Dominion of Pakistan, the then Nizam, Asaf Jah VII (Osman Ali Khan), decided not to join either new nation. However, the following year, the Government of India incorporated Hyderabad into the Indian Union, using military force, in what was known as en:Operation Polo.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Coats of arms of Hyderabad State (5 F)
- ► Flags of Hyderabad State (14 F)
- ► Osmania University (8 C, 9 F)
- ► Singareni Collieries Company (4 F)
- ► Telangana (42 C, 1 P, 61 F)
- ► University College for Women, Koti (1 C, 1 F)