Psalm 111 (Vulgata: 110 Confitebor tibi, Domine)
English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of|| chapter of the Bible,|
psalm of the Bible,
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Psalm 111"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Interieur, psalm- en gezangbord - Rhenen - 20371345 - RCE.jpg 1,185 × 1,200; 448 KB
- Mozart - vesperae de dominica. 2. confitebor.ogg 6 min 0 s; 6.25 MB
- Vesper Psalms.jpg 637 × 839; 272 KB