English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of||psalm of the Bible,|
Song of Ascents,
chapter of the Bible
|Part of||Psalms (125, Psalm 124, Psalm 126)|
Media in category "Psalm 125"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Folio 55r - Psalm CXXV.jpg 442 × 597; 75 KB
- Song of ascents, manuscript on parchmen france.jpg 2,894 × 3,915; 3.23 MB
- תבליט ירושלים - מוזיאון הרצל.jpg 3,264 × 1,836; 1.87 MB