English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of|| chapter of the Bible,|
psalm of the Bible
Media in category "Psalm 141"
This category contains only the following file.
- Eglwys y Santes Fair, St Mary's Church, Cilcain Flintshire Cymru Wales 11.JPG 2,731 × 2,581; 1.2 MB