English: PLEASE NOTE: Numbering of the Psalms differs — mostly by one digit, see tables — between the Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Septuagint) manuscripts. Usage varies by tradition:
- Protestant translations (Lutheran, Anglican, Calvinist) use the Hebrew numbering;
so do modern Catholic bible editions and books of liturgy, often indicating in brackets the Septuaginta-Vulgata numbering
- Catholic ancient liturgical books follow the Greek numbering (as do historic Books of Hours etc.)
- Eastern Orthodox translations use the Greek numbering
- Syriac Orthodox Church Peshitta tradition recognizes 155 Psalms (see en:Psalm 151 and en:Psalms 152–155)
|Detailed number offsets and correspondence|
|Instance of|| psalm of the Bible,|
chapter of the Bible
Media in category "Psalm 97"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Dvorak's Biblicke Pisne i-3.jpg 3,211 × 4,515; 6 MB
- Dvorak's Biblicke Pisne i-4.jpg 3,219 × 4,530; 6.59 MB
- Dvorak's Biblicke Pisne i-5.jpg 3,258 × 4,554; 7.08 MB
- Greek capital numerals 02.svg 278 × 46; 35 KB
- Starlight sower (1) by artist HAI KNAFO 2011 inspired by Or Zaruaa.jpg 631 × 640; 114 KB