Commons:Photowikimeetup in Hong Kong during Wikimania 2013
Welcome to the Photowikimeetup page held in Hong Kong on August 9-10!!
The purpose is just having fun and getting to know more Commoners or Wikimedians interested in photography. At the same time it is a good opportunity to gather material for the Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 edition, where Hong Kong is participating. We can also exchange information about the photographic equipment existing in each chapter, and so support each other.
Time and meeting pointEdit
Since the Wikimania agenda is during the day, the idea is to meet on Friday, August 9th and, for those who want more, additionally on Saturday 10th, at 7:00 p.m. (local sunset time), 1,5 hours after the end of the official schedule.
We meet in the lobby of the Jockey Club Auditorium and we leave together at 7:15 p.m. It will get late, so, don't forget to bring your tripod with you!
- Oh no! Tripod luggage on the plane? Please don't give me such ideas! ;-) --Schwäbin (talk) 08:36, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
Some people interested in photography and active in Commons will attend this year's Wikimania edition in Hong Kong between August 7th and 11th and would like to use this opportunity to organize a joint photo tour meeting, learn from each other and have a good time.
- Tour on Friday, Aug 9th, (Panorama/architecture photography): Hong Kong Polytechnic University (7 p.m.) --> Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry Pier to Star Ferry Pier, Central --> From Star Ferry pier to Central Peak Tram terminus with Bus 15C and from there with the famous The Peak Tram up to the hill (alternatively short walk to Exchange Square and from there to The Peak via Bus 15). The entrance to the Peak Tower is free, but I guess that to make good pictures the best is to get a ticket for the open observation deck Sky Terrace 428, see here. There is an option to get a combo ticket for the observation deck and The Peak tram (price approx. EUR6/USD8), maybe cheaper as a group
- Tour on Saturday, Aug 10th, (Panorama/architecture/street photography): Hong Kong Polytechnic University (
76 p.m.) --> Hong Kong Observatory (WLM2013 relevant) --> Victoria Harbour waterfront in Tsim Sha Tsui including Clock Tower (WLM2013 relevant), Space Museum and the Avenue of Stars --> (longer walk thru Harbour City, Kowloon Park to) Temple Street in Mong Kok (see more pictures).
If you are interested, you are welcome, please, sign below:
- Poco a poco (talk) 21:08, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Ralf Roleček 21:23, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Dschwen (talk) 22:51, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Schwäbin --Schwäbin (talk) 01:21, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- --The Photographer (talk) 01:22, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- --Matthias Süßen (talk) 13:50, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- Béria Lima msg 00:43, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- --Ralgis (talk) 02:22, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
- --MB-one (talk) 12:20, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- —DerHexer (Talk) 13:44, 26 June 2013 (UTC) Maybe.
- Rangilo Gujarati (talk) 10:12, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- CLI (talk) 11:48, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Teemeah (talk) 12:28, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 12:30, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Deror avi (talk) 12:35, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 09:51, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe -- KTC (talk) 13:24, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 15:36, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yarl ✉ 20:11, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 14:39, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Sarah (talk) 01:07, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Ayaita (talk) 18:24, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- MokoFix - (BlackBeast) (talk) 04:11, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Kruusamägi (talk) 20:32, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- -- possibly sats (talk) 02:27, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- --AleXXw 11:45, 4 August 2013 (UTC) not sure
- Polimerek (talk) 17:22, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Débora Medeiros
- Olaf Kosinsky
- --Amakuha (talk) 00:00, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Your name here!