Open main menu

File:Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, 2011 Site Plan - Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, Main and West 10th Streets, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH HAER OH-131 (sheet 1 of 1).tif

Original file(14,400 × 9,600 pixels, file size: 775 KB, MIME type: image/tiff)

SummaryEdit

Title Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, 2011 Site Plan - Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, Main and West 10th Streets, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
Depicted place Ohio; Cuyahoga County; Cleveland
Date
Dimensions 24 x 36 in. (D size)
Photographer Wellman, Diana
Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
Accession number HAER OH-131 (sheet 1 of 1)
Credit line
Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) Team.jpg This file comes from the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) or Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS). These are programs of the National Park Service established for the purpose of documenting historic places. Records consist of measured drawings, archival photographs, and written reports.

This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required. See Commons:Licensing for more information.

Notes
  • Significance: The Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company was the predecessor to East Ohio Gas Company, renamed Dominion East Ohio Gas Company. The Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company was the first company to provide gas to Cleveland's downtown and east sides. The company was the first utility company and the first to light the streets and City Hall. The company began in 1849, started by several successful businessmen. In 1868, the directors of the Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company founded the People's Gas Company to provide gas to Cleveland's west side. Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company and People's Gas Company merged with East Ohio Gas Company in 1910.
  • Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: N1306
  • Survey number: HAER OH-131
  • Building/structure dates: ca. 1850 Initial Construction
  • Building/structure dates: 1910 Subsequent Work
  • Building/structure dates: ca. 1937 Demolished
References

Related names:

People's Gas Company; Flats East Development LLC; Kelley, Alfred; Handy, Truman P; Younglove, Moses C; Bingham, William; Morley, Jesse Healy; Brush, Charles F; Hyde, Gustavus Aldophus; Flats East Bank Development Project, sponsor; Cleveland Landmark's Commission, sponsor; Ohio Historic Preservation Office, sponsor
Source https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/oh1984.sheet.00001a
Permission
(Reusing this file)
Public domain This image or media file contains material based on a work of a National Park Service employee, created as part of that person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, such work is in the public domain in the United States. See the NPS website and NPS copyright policy for more information.
US-NationalParkService-ShadedLogo.svg
Other versions Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, 2011 Site Plan - Cleveland Gas Light and Coke Company, Main and West 10th Streets, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH HAER OH-131 (sheet 1 of 1).png
Object location41° 29′ 57.98″ N, 81° 41′ 44.02″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earthinfo

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current02:22, 2 August 2014Thumbnail for version as of 02:22, 2 August 201414,400 × 9,600 (775 KB) (talk | contribs)GWToolset: Creating mediafile for Fæ. HABS 2014-08-01 2601-2900 missing
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that use this file.

Metadata