Hi Billinghurst. I declined a rename request, but another picture (the same one, but bigger) has OTRS-permission. Can you take a look at that? Ausschnitt means extraction. - Thanks. File:Ute Langanky (2018) Ausschnitt.jpg + File:Ute Langanky (2016).jpg (with OTRS-permission). - Richardkiwi (talk) (talk) 11:53, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Richardkiwi: I don't have OTRS at this time (haven't reapplied), so best to flick it to the OTRS team, especially as it is a transfer from deWP, so digging through that history relies on someone with also having access to deWP deletion history. — billinghurst sDrewth 12:33, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, but you added 'no permission'. See: here. I only see that the same picture (a bigger one, this one is cut out) has OTRS-permission. - Richardkiwi (talk) (talk) 12:53, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
Declined rename requestEdit
Hi. Could you please elaborate on this edit? Why is misattribution of the subject (a reproduction painting titled as the original) not in compliance with the renaming guidelines? --Paul_012 (talk) 07:27, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
- What is "obvious" that this is a reproduction? How can we rename the image yet leave all the information template unchanged? Not to mention the derivatives. If there is a series of renames then it needs a process of better documentation to justify the rename. — billinghurst sDrewth 07:01, 28 October 2018 (UTC)
- I've since modified the image description. Is this sufficient, or is a thorough sorting-out of the previous versions needed? --Paul_012 (talk) 07:31, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
Serious question but is there ever a chance I would get unblocked there? The only statement was "net negative contributor" and as I rarely see any indefinitely blocked users return what is actually required to be unblocked there? The Community Wishlist Survey is next week and neither will I be able to participate in it nor vote in it. Last year I had no issues participating in it but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to weigh on anything, could you at least explain to me how the unblock process at Meta works and point to a few successful cases before I will appeal again? I don't think that anyone there is willing to corporate. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 14:07, 28 October 2018 (UTC)
Your denial of my deletion requestEdit
Dear Sir, Billinghurst, please look: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Silber_Reed_Colour_PenGraph_EB50_Plotter_-1005.jpg&action=history That file is not needed. This is not essential, but for information. --Sockenschütze (talk) 04:39, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- File:Aloe sp. Ribaue - flowers (7733607548).jpg (you edited this one)
- File:Maj. Gen. Patrick J. Donahue II (7843020764).jpg
- File:Maj. Gen. Patrick J. Donahue, U.S. Army Africa Commander (7702645544).jpg
These were uploaded by User:Elitre in 2012 using User:File Upload Bot (Magnus Manske). Right after the upload Elitre removed the license and review, replacing them with Template:WikiAfrica/Ton Rulkens, which in a way was mass license forgery (though according to User:File Upload Bot (Magnus Manske)) the files actually did have that license).
Since some of these photos may disappear in 2019 (and Flickr reviews in templates were giving me other problems), I requested some 3000+ license reviews. For a few, that didn't work. - Alexis Jazz ping plz 04:55, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Hello. About this :
- Context : Suresnes and Puteaux are 2 cities with a border. On each border, there is a cemetery, only separated by a road. You can see on this map.
- Copyleft took many pictures (and this one) in 2012 and probably tought that it was the same cimetary because they are next (I send a message to him few months ago but I didn't have a answer).
- This summer, I went to those cemeteries, and I saw on Wikicommons that pictures of the 2 cemeteries were in the same category (Category:Cemetery of Suresnes). Problem : on the south of the road, this is the « Cimetière Voltaire de Suresnes » and on the north « Cimetière municipal de Puteaux ». So I created Category:Cemetery of Puteaux in order to give each picture the good place. It was easy to do for the majority of the graves, because the panorama shows clearly that we are in the cemetery of Suresnes, or in the cemetery of Puteaux. Some of the graves are famous and big, so it is easy too find them quick.
- But for a minority of graves, it is very difficult to find where the picture was took because there are no panorama. After that I continue to walk in the both cemeteries to identify the graves, and I succeed to find some of them. So, you writes « There is no evidence that this is incorrect » but it is, I knew those city very well, I wrote a great part of the article about Suresnes in french Wikipedia. So I please you to accept to change the name and the descriptions (this one too) because, in this a mistake ! Those two photos are categorized in the cemetery of Suresnes, in spite of the fact that they are in the cemetery of Puteaux.