Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 12:18, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Commonwealth of Independent States EAEC vs GUAM.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Commonwealth of Independent States CSTO vs GUAM.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Forbidden Knowledge 2.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Number of Terrorist Incidents.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Commonwealth of Independent States Organization of Central Asian Cooperation.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Commonwealth of Independent States Collective Security Treaty Organisation.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:CSTO and EAEC leaders 2006.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Commonwealth of Independent States members.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Male Smoking by Country.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Gold Reserves.png was uncategorized on 6 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:09, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
File:BlankMap-World.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File source is not properly indicated: File:BlankMap-World.pngEdit
|This media may be deleted.|
A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:BlankMap-World.png, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.Please add the required information for this and other files you have uploaded before adding more files. If you need assistance, please ask at the help desk. Thank you!
Hi Emilfaro, with regards to File:Cumulative Current Account Balance.png, your original release into the public domain has been disputed per the reasoning at w:Wikipedia:Featured article review/Economy of India/archive2. It was changed to befit the requirement of the original. Do you agree to this change? Jappalang (talk) 01:12, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
Data not in provided source for "File:Soviet Union GDP.gif"Edit
Hello! I was looking at your graph for "File:Soviet Union GDP.gif" I clicked on the link to the United Nations Statistical Division, which is given as the source for the data in this graph, and it only provides GDP statistics for Russia going back to 1990. What's the source for the data from 1970 to 1989? Currently no source is given. 220.127.116.11 17:44, 19 February 2013 (UTC)