User talk:Tommy Kronkvist
The following formerly Coreopsis species have been reassigned to Leptosyne.
- Coreopsis douglasii (DC.) H.M.Hall – Douglas's Tickseed
- Coreopsis californica (Nutt.) H.Sharsm. – California Tickseed
- Coreopsis stillmanii (A.Gray) S.F.Blake – Stillman's Tickseed
- Coreopsis bigelovii (A.Gray) Voss – Bigelow's Tickseed
- Coreopsis calliopsidea (DC.) A.Gray – Leafstem Tickseed
- Coreopsis hamiltonii (Elmer) H. Sharsm. – Mount Hamilton Tickseed
- Coreopsis gigantea (Kellogg) H.M.Hall – Giant Coreopsis
- Coreopsis maritima (Nutt.) Hook.f. – Sea Dahlia
- Hi @Wsiegmund: and thank you for the update. I have reverted my edit accordingly. I guess we should update Category:Coreopsis and the relevant subcategories too. In the best of worlds we should also update the corresponding pages in the different language versions of Wikipedia, but that's some 70 pages (including both species- and genera level pages as well as category pages) in a total of at least nine different languages... In any case I've made a note at the Wikispecies' Villlage Pump asking whether some Coreopsis are now considered Leptosyne, in order to shed more light on the issue.
- –Best regards, Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 04:55, 10 July 2018 (UTC).
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2017 is open!Edit
You are receiving this message because you voted in R1 of the 2017 Picture of the Year contest, but not yet in R2.
Dear Tommy Kronkvist,
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2017 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the twelfth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2017) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. In Round 1, there were 1475 candidate images. There are 58 finalists in Round 2, comprised of the top 30 overall as well as the top 2 from each sub-category.
In the final round, you may vote for a maximum of three images. The image with the most votes will become the Picture of the Year 2017.
Round 2 will end on 22 July 2018, 23:59 UTC.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee 11:33, 17 July 2018 (UTC)