English: The Palace of Mysore (Kannada: ಮೈಸೂರು ಅರಮನೆ), also known as Amba Vilas Palace, is a palace situated in the city of Mysore, state of Karnataka in southern India.
- The palace was commissioned in 1897, and its construction was completed in 1912 in the Indo-Saracenic Revival style British colonial architecture.
- It was the official residence of the former royal family of Mysore, and also housed the durbar (ceremonial meeting hall of the royal court). *Mysore has a number of historic palaces, and is commonly described as the City of Palaces. However, the term "Palace of Mysore" specifically refers to one of these palaces, Amba Vilas and is now one of the most famous tourist attractions in Mysore.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Exterior decoration of the Mysore Palace (28 F)
- ► Interior of the Mysore Palace (7 F)
- ► Mysore Palace illuminated (1 C, 95 F)
- ► Sculptures at the Mysore Palace (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Temples on the Mysore Palace grounds (4 C, 9 F)
Media in category "Mysore Palace"
The following 39 files are in this category, out of 39 total.
- India Palace.jpg 553 KB
- Maharaja palace,mysore.JPG 1.24 MB
- Mhaisur Palace.jpg 1.44 MB
- Mysore palace (2).JPG 769 KB
- Mysore Palace - Mysore.jpg 1.96 MB
- Mysore Palace 0.jpg 1.13 MB
- Mysore Palace 1.JPG 356 KB
- Mysore Palace 2006.jpg 176 KB
- Mysore Palace by Bikash Das.jpg 6.84 MB
- Mysore palace front view 001.jpg 5.55 MB
- Mysore Palace Front view.jpg 344 KB
- Mysore Palace HDR.jpg 4.69 MB
- Mysore Palace In evening.JPG 1.43 MB
- Mysore Palace Morning Edit1.jpg 5.21 MB
- Mysore Palace Morning.jpg 4.99 MB
- Mysore Palace PKM.JPG 3.69 MB
- Mysore Palace S-KA-748.jpg 5.35 MB
- Mysore Palace, Karnataka.jpg 734 KB
- Mysore Royal Palace.jpg 6.58 MB
- Mysore Tippu palace.JPG 239 KB
- Mysore Udaiyar palace1.JPG 4.46 MB
- Mysore-palace-7.jpg 86 KB
- Mysore.jpg 171 KB
- MysoreMaharajaPalast.jpg 1.72 MB
- MysorePalace.JPG 201 KB
- MysorePalace2.JPG 1.03 MB
- Mysuru Palace.jpg 5.73 MB
- Mysuru.jpg 6.48 MB