|Instance of||geographic region|
English: South India is the area encompassing India's states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu as well as the union territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry (Puducherry), occupying 19.31% of area. South India lies in the peninsular Deccan Plateau and is bounded by the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal in the west, south and east respectively. The geography of the region is diverse, encompassing two mountain ranges — the Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats and a plateau heartland. Godavari, Krishna, Tungabhadra and Kaveri rivers are important non-perennial sources of water. Inhabitants of South India are referred to as South Indians.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Culture of South India (31 C)
- ► Geography of South India (20 C)
- ► History of South India (27 C, 2 F)
- ► Lakshadweep (10 C, 1 P)
- ► Nature of South India (20 C)
- ► Tamil Nadu (24 C, 1 P, 32 F)
Pages in category "South India"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "South India"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Brahmarishi Hill.jpg 720 × 540; 83 KB
- Elur chetty kottar temple trust office.jpg 2,304 × 1,536; 677 KB
- Pots made from poor grade plastic, used for keeping drinking water.jpg 3,000 × 4,000; 2.01 MB