Regarding adding pictures on Wikipedia.Edit
- @Vikranthakur: What would you like to know? I am happy to help you here on my talk page, or, if you prefer, you can ask questions at Commons:Help desk. Wikimedia Commons only accepts photos that are freely licensed. The vast majority of images found on the internet are copyright-protected and may not be uploaded (see COM:NETCOPYRIGHT for some guidelines). If you'd like to upload a photo that you did not take yourself you'll have to find one that the author has released under a free license. —RP88 (talk) 17:36, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
Structured Commons focus group update, Nov 21, 2017Edit
Hello! You are receiving this message because you signed up for the the community focus group for Structured Commons :-)
- IRC office hour today, 21 November, 18.00 UTC
- The IRC office hour about Structured Commons takes place at 18:00 UTC in wikimedia-office webchat. Amanda, Ramsey and I will give updates about the project, and you can ask us questions. The log will be published afterwards.
- Tools update
Many important community tools for Commons and Wikidata will benefit from an update to structured data in the future. You can help indicate which tools will need attention:
- Check this Google spreadsheet and leave your comments (ping me if you'd like full editing access to the spreadsheet)
- More and more tools will also be tracked on Phabricator and on the tools inventory page. Feel free to add and edit.