User talk:Tony in Devon
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Hello, Tony in Devon!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Rosemary Harris actress 1962.jpg was uncategorized on 20 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Watkins meter.jpg was uncategorized on 26 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:54, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Wilson Harold signature.jpg was uncategorized on 15 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:39, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
|File:Russell badge.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello, The issue is with the photo on the badge. Ideally we would need to know who is the photographer. Interesting problem. It is probably not old enough to be in the public domain, but we could ask for a free license, if we get more information. I can't find a copy of the same picture on Google, so it won't be easy to find its copyright status. Yann (talk) 21:20, 21 November 2012 (UTC)