捷径: COM:Cayman Islands
|标准||作者逝世 + 70年|
|视听作品||作者逝世 + 70年|
Copyright works are protected in the Cayman Islands under rules defined in the Copyright (Cayman Islands) Order 2015 and the Copyright (Cayman Islands) (Amendment) Order 2016 which came into force on 30 June 2016. These order make a customized version of Part 1 of the United Kingdom's Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (including Schedule ZA1 and Schedule 1 of the Act) applicable to the Cayman Islands. The Cayman Islands Intellectual Property Office defined durations of protection on its website in 2018.
According to the Cayman Islands Intellectual Property Office as on November 2018, durations of protection are generally:
- Written, dramatic, musical and artistic work: 70 years after the author’s death
- Sound and music recording: 70 years from when it’s first published
- Films: 70 years after the death of the director, screenplay author and composer
- Broadcasts: 50 years from when it’s first broadcast
- Layout of published editions of written, dramatic or musical works: 25 years from when it’s first published
不可以 The Cayman Islands Money Authority holds the copyright on its currency notes. It permits reproductions with prior consultation with the Authority and if the reproduction is not on products for sale. Given the copyright status and the non-commercial use clause, their designs are not appropriate for use on Commons.