More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
my first contribution to wiki commonsEdit
It looks great. You may find useful using this naming formula:
So that it could be translated into other languages:
- Image:Bicycle Frame Diagram-es.svg --Spanish
Or made with numbers:
- Image:Bicycle Frame Diagram-numbers.svg
You can also use these categories:
- [[Category:Bicycle diagrams]]
- [[Category:Created with Inkscape]]
- [[category:SVG transportation]]
It looks like you and Jim left this conversation hanging back in 2009, which is a shame since the diagram has been reproduced in 6 other languages at this point. Perhaps you guys could hash out what specific changes are appropriate before more versions are created. I would be happy to facilitate getting the actual changes made, but since I know nothing about bicycles, I have no idea what makes sense to change. Kaldari (talk) 18:26, 29 August 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking an interest in this Kaldari. I became much less interested it after someone (me?) took the image off the en.wikipedia bicycle page. There's not much to be done about the reproduction in the 6 languages, they'd all been done by the time jim and I were questioning its accuracy. I'll continue this discussion on the images talk page so it's accessible to all. --Keithonearth (talk) 19:34, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
Commons Meetup in Montréal in AugustEdit
I would like to invite you to the Commons Categorizer Meetup 2017 in Montréal in August (the exact date and time is not fixed yet and will be determined by the Wikimania programme committee). If you want, you can add your name to the list of interested users, propose discussion topics and spread the word.