More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:10, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:UserNixón.JPG is uncategorized since 13 April 2009.
File source is not properly indicated: File:PatriciaCornwell.pngEdit
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:PatriciaCornwell.png, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- I have tagged this file either because it has no source whatsoever, or because the given source does not give enough information about its author or its date, making the copyright status of the file incertain, or maybe because the uploaded image is a derivative of one or several unsourced works. In any case, please don't ignore this message, contact me instead if you have more information or if you want to discuss the issue. Eusebius (talk) 08:45, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
|File:CartaClow.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
Wiki Loves Monuments en Venezuela 2017Edit
Después de cuatro años de ausencia, te invitamos a participar del concurso de fotografía ganador del premio Guinness: Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 en Venezuela. Ayúdanos a preservar el patrimonio construido nacional, fotografía un monumento y gana premios!
- ¿Cómo participar? Revisa con cuidado las reglas de participación, no es necesario que la fotografía sea actual, pero si es importante subirla de acá al 30 de septiembre.
- ¿Conoces a algún fotógrafo interesado? Riega la voz, recuerda que nuestra misión es rescatar el patrimonio construido, viéndolo como parte importante del conocimiento que se pretende recoger y difundir en nuestro país.
¿Tienes alguna pregunta sobre el concurso? Envíanos un mensaje a info wikimedia.org.ve. Oscar_. (talk) 15:51, 4 September 2017 (UTC) (Puedes suscribirse o darte de baja de futuras notificaciones de eventos en Venezuela añadiendo o quitando tu nombre de esta lista)