Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Umfahrung scristina.jpg was uncategorized on 3 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Rondell iman.jpg was uncategorized on 3 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Briefkopf scristina.jpg was uncategorized on 3 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Dolomites areas.png was uncategorized on 14 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
Un amministratore di it.wiki mi ha ricordato che il tuo intervento non va tenuto in conto dato che sei stato bloccato per specifici motivi! (vedi qui) Ti consiglio quindi vivamente di interrompere questa edit-war globale e di non intervenire con altre modifiche se non vuoi avere ripercussioni anche su Commons. --WolfRayet (talk) 18:01, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
File:Dialetti Italia 1939.pngEdit
Ciao, ti prego di non alterare l'immagine perché è una riproduzione fedele fatta partendo da zero di quella che si trova sul libro di Tagliavini Le origini delle lingue neolatine. So benissimo che ci sono alcune inesattezze evidenti, ma il mio scopo è quello di illustrare la carta così come compare sul libro (guarda qui). Se vuoi una versione più corretta, puoi scaricarla, modificarla con GIMP/Photoshop e caricarla su Commons con un nome (parzialmente) differente come opera derivata dalla mia (preferibilmente con derivativeFX) specificando quali cambiamenti hai fatto, come ho detto all'altro utente, Frereau.--Carnby (talk) 23:00, 30 November 2012 (UTC)
Dialetti parlati in Italia - richiesta bloccataEdit
Hello. I know thah map shows the referendum quote for monarchy and republic of 1946 in Italy...I live in Italy...but on Italian wikipedia users need that map is NOT red and blue but blue and green, that are colours more distinguible! That's the reason of the choice of the colour...Blue and red are more indistinguible than green and blue! The purpose of the map is to show the outcomes of the referendum, only with well distinguishable colours and not using same colours as violet.--Gigillo83 (talk) 19:46, 5 December 2012 (UTC) PS: I have chacked, and at CN the percentage pro republic was 51,93%, in the Roma circoscrizione was 48,99%, so it's correct the version of the colours with green and blue...--Gigillo83 (talk) 20:00, 5 December 2012 (UTC)