|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 06:55, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:24, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token f1bca870205fdaa969a48be9ed0a2428Edit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
|Category discussion notification||Category:Grandson,_Switzerland has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
Leyo 10:06, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
|File:San_Giovanni_Battista_doorway.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Dear Tobyc75 you uploaded this picture from Flickr as region of Ponte Tresa. But this picture shows definitively not Ponte Tresa. It is somtimes difficult to localise arial pictures. It cannot be Ponte Tresa as the Lake part of Ponte Tresa ist connected to the Lake of Lugano and the river Tresa comes out of the Lake and does not pass nearby. I shall try to find out from there this picture is. It could be Porlezza at the North of Lake Lugano! (That would also fit better, because of the Airport of Lugano in the north of Ponte Tresa international flights which do not land at Lugano cannot pass over Ponte Tresa!) DidiWeidmann (talk) 18:13, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- I succeded now to localize this picture exactely: It shows celarli Mont Orfano near Verbagna, Italy, the loaclities shown on the picture are Mergozzo (45° 58' N and 8° 26' E, in front of the mountain), Feriolo (left) and Gravellona Toce (behind the mountain).DidiWeidmann (talk) 14:51, 17 March 2013 (UTC)