Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
The data used for my job can be find here (in French) :  (#carte).
that is to say: (N=North d=distance a=angle p=pixel)
Na=Natal (Rio Grande do Norte) : 05°47'42"S 35°12'32"W. T=TASIL (with Google) : 04°0'18N 29°59'24W 02:10= Dernier rapport de position= Last Position Report : 02°58'48"N 30°35'24"W 02:14=Last ACARS message (according to the Brazilian Military, cf ) : 3°34′40″N 30°22′28″W 'D=Destroços=Premiers corps et débris=First bodies and debries
a(N,(Na,T))=28°East d(Na,T) =1228km=395p a(N,(02:10,T))=30,29° d(02:10,T)=134,6km=43,3p a(N,(02:10,02:14))=19,82° d(02:10,02:14)=71,9km=23,1p
(with the map Rota AirFrance 447 fr.svg and Google Earth)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Bigard092008.jpg was uncategorized on 3 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Marée010210.jpg was uncategorized on 1 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Celine201101.jpg was uncategorized on 9 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:09, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaWpIrsn.jpg was uncategorized on 14 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:CycleStirlingPVTS.svg was uncategorized on 2 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Fukushima Radiation PlotEdit
Hi Blogbreather: You're right, the lines denote midnight local time on the dates indicated. The MP locations are 8 Monitoring Points located around the edge of the Fukushima power plant site. I believe they're numbered in increasing order from north to south. -- Xerxes314 (talk) 14:25, 22 March 2011 (UTC)