|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 18:44, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:FukushimaRadiationPlot-Linear-Mar16-15h50.svg was uncategorized on 16 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaRadiationPlot-Linear-Mar16-15h50.png was uncategorized on 16 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaRadiationPlot-Log-Mar16-15h50.png was uncategorized on 16 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaRadiationPlot-Log-Mar17-22h10.png was uncategorized on 17 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:03, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaRadiationPlot-Linear-Mar17-22h10.png was uncategorized on 17 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:03, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaOutlyingRadiationPlot-Log-Mar17-14h00.png was uncategorized on 17 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:03, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaOutlyingRadiationPlot-Log-Mar17-00h00.png was uncategorized on 17 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:03, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FukushimaOutlyingRadiationPlot-Log-Mar19.png was uncategorized on 18 March 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:03, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
Bravo ! And I would suggest you to do even better by integrating in the graph the times of the main events :
- Explosion of reactor 1 building
At 15:36 JST on 12 March 2011.
- Explosion of reactor 3 building
At 11:15 JST on 14 March 2011
- Explosion in reactor 2 building
heard after 06:14 JST on 15 March.
- Explosion of reactor 4 building
At approximately 06:00 JST on 15 March At 09:40 JST, the Unit 4 spent fuel pool caught fire. ( my english is approximative... I am french... )
Blogbreather (talk) 09:57, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
- And now, another question, about the "time scaling" : The verticale line above every "date" (or "day" ?) corresponds with 00:00 local time, no ? Others thanks for your great job ! What means MP-1, MP-2, MP-4, MP-8 ? Blogbreather (talk) 08:33, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps the best is that YOU realize a french "version" of your file. If you agree, this is a little help for the translation :
- Fukushima Plant Radiation at Various Locations (Log Scale) = Radioactivité mesurée en plusieurs points de la centrale nucléaire de Fukushima Daiichi (échelle logarithmique)
- Mar 12, etc = 12 Mars, etc.
- Gate = Entrée, but perhaps it's better to say :
- Maingate = Entrée principale
- HQ = (possibly?) Locaux administratifs or Bureaux or Poste de commandement (=administrative offices or offices or Command post).
- The MP locations are 8 Monitoring Points located around the edge of the Fukushima power plant site = Les huit points de mesure notés MP sont situés sur le pourtour du site de la centrale Fukushima Daiichi (in legend).
- Explosion of reactor 1 building, etc = Explosion du bâtiment réacteur 1, etc.
- Explosion in reactor 2 building = Explosion à l'intérieur du bâtiment réacteur 2
- (but perhaps it's enough to say something like Expl. au n°1, Feu au n°4, etc...). "See" you soon.
- PS1 : integrating in the graph the times of the main events : I mean, with a vertical line, like here .
- PS2: I saw that you are in relation with R. Hoetzlein, but your file is not obsolete. As said Mguf (cf my "discussion" page, 22 mars 2011 à 10:20, on fr.wp), "un document tout rédigé en anglais... sur une encyclopédie en français, c'est bof bof" (I noticed that you understand french, but maybe...bof bof means no good). For the "basic" reader, easiest simplest is the best, No ? The lack of correlation between explosions and radiation peaks, that's the point. Blogbreather (talk) 13:55, 23 March 2011 (UTC)