This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikimedia Commons, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Commons itself. The original talk page is located at http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jameslwoodward
My formal name is James L. Woodward, but I prefer to be called "Jim"
why you decided to delete pictures?Edit
hi, in wikipedia we talk about keeping the article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sand_picture#Sand_picture
and i replied in the talk page in common too, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_uploaded_by_868,383,950edits — Preceding unsigned comment added by 868,383,950edits (talk • contribs) 13:11, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Signing your posts on talk pages is required and it is a Commons guideline to sign your posts on deletion requests, undeletion requests, and noticeboards. To do so, simply add four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your comments. Your user name or IP address (if you are not logged in) and a timestamp will then automatically be added when you save your comment. Signing your comments helps people to find out who said something and provides them with a link to your user/talk page (for further discussion). Thank you.
- You must discuss this at Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_uploaded_by_868,383,950edits. Discussing it here just makes twice as much work for both of us. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 14:52, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
You've got mailEdit
odder, the only new e-mail message from Commons is a question from the Dutch OTRS team. I'll read that right now, but if there's something else you have in mind, give me a hint of what it is about. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 21:51, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Check your inbox now. odder (talk) 21:54, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
Hi Jim, could you have a look at File:Khanda.jpg? Yann has left a mess here. The file is still tagged for deletion, but no longer listed in an active DR. I think the second closure of the DR should be reverted, but I am probably not the right person to do that. Jcb (talk) 21:35, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- I globally replaced it with the SVG and deleted it, per the discussion at Yann's talk page. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 23:00, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, While I don't oppose being deleted as it is not in use anymore, I am quite disappointed by your closure comment. If you think that there is a copyright violation, sorry to say, but you are out of touch with reality. Regards, Yann (talk) 11:29, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
- Yann, it is well established that individual representations of symbols such as Coats of Arms and this can have a copyright. This symbol is less than 100 years old and the creator of this version is unknown. I said "may or may not be under copyright". While I think that there is only maybe a one in ten chance that there is a copyright, it is certainly possible, so my comment was true. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 14:46, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello, I saw you decided to keep on this deletion request, but I don't understand the reason you have given for that. Clearly from the right hand side of the picture, this is a photograph of a framed photograph. EXIF does not tell much about that, nor can I connect this to your reason "certainly the pueblo is not under copyright". But that might be my lack of knowledge. Kind regards, Lymantria (talk) 20:23, 20 January 2017 (UTC)