More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Deletion of File:Pavel Etingof in Klop.jpgEdit
@Yann: Re: deletion of File:Pavel Etingof in Klop.jpg
Thinking of a speedy, I did a Google image search, but did not find anything. I was curious as to why it was deleted, Was it deleted on account of the bad license? Thanks! Jim1138 (talk) 16:23, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
Graphics village pumpEdit
Did I solve your Problem, you mentioned on Commons:Graphics village pump#Problems generating an SVG file, or was it something else you requested?
Best Regards — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 18:53, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
- @JoKalliauer: Much thanks for your work here! At the time commons was not correctly converting the images to a thumbnail. The text in the thumbs was incorrectly spaced making the image unusable. I tried multiple fonts without satisfaction. So, I gave up. Is the commons thumbnail generator working correctly and is it ready to substitute? I was working converting File:Climate science opinion2.png to svg format: File:Climate_science_opinion_graph_3.svg Do you think it in an acceptable state to substitute on these locations: File:Climate science opinion2.png#File usage on other wikis? Best regards Jim1138 (talk) 19:16, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
- @JoKalliauer: What is the best way to substitute? Upload it to File:Climate science opinion2.png or edit the pages, changing the image to File:Climate science opinion3.svg? Jim1138 (talk) 19:18, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
- I now even created File:Climate science opinion graph 3 Sans.svg, if you prefer sans instead of sans-serif.
- If you want to substitute, you have to edit the pages.
- — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 21:13, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- @JoKalliauer: My apology. My question is do you think that the thumbnail generator is doing a good enough job to substitute? Awhile back, it was not. I personally don't have much opinion on the font. What's your recommendation? I added File:Climate science opinion2.png to the bottom for comparison. Thanks again, cheers Jim1138 (talk) 21:24, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- The sans font does look better! Jim1138 (talk) 21:27, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- I understood your question, but I didn't want to give a recomendation, because I prefer SVGs, but the Wikirenderer is not the best, therefore it is up on you, which Version you prefer.
- Info Also the source code in my version is in my opinion much better readable than your original source code, created with Inkscape (many useless definitions, no order, big/long file). ( Strg & u for viewing the sourcecode, or open the SVG-file with an texteditor.)
- — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 17:59, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
File:CPL Richard Arvine Overton, USA.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.