More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Klattau Stadtpark.jpg was uncategorized on 7 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:34, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Velhartice Ensemble.jpg was uncategorized on 11 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:25, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wiesen Kreuzkapelle.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:28, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Karl Kihn Platz.jpg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:28, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Erichstollen.JPG was uncategorized on 4 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:57, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Handschuh-Kopf.JPG was uncategorized on 14 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:26, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Teufelstisch Winter.JPG was uncategorized on 14 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:26, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
Quality Image PromotionEdit
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.