Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 AnnouncementEdit
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!Edit
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Reosarevok⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
File:Gaspar Cassado, from first of 3 Southern Africa Tours. Dedicated to Hans Adler.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
About adding category on File:Entomobrya pulchellaEdit
Hello, I am actually a newbie in Wikimedia Commons. I have noticed that you added "Category:Images from Wiki Science Competition 2017 in the United States" I was wondering if you added that because the description is in English? I found the insect in Germany, shouldn't be the tag included the country name Germany? Thanks for your consideration. S Shamima Nasrin (talk) 22:36, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
- @S Shamima Nasrin: Hi! You seem to have uploaded the image through the US uploader, which is why it got set as US. There are plenty of national uploaders. From your profile you might want Bangladesh, South Korea, or Germany, as you mentioned :) If you give me the links to your photos, I can change them to the preferred country! --Reosarevok (talk) 09:28, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Reosarevok: Thanks for the explanation.:) As the photos are already uploaded once, if not mentioning origin of the insects doesn't make any problem then I rather leave it the way it is right now.However, you are welcome to bring the changes. You may have the photos from this link Entomobrya pulchella S Shamima Nasrin (talk) 10:07, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- @S Shamima Nasrin: Oooh, no, no, I didn't mean I want to upload them again. I mean I can re-categorize the already uploaded images, if you send me the existing Commons links :) Just let me know which of the three countries you want! --Reosarevok (talk) 10:10, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Reosarevok: Oh, now I understood. Please categorize them Entomobrya_pulchella_01 and Entomobrya_pulchella_02 in their origin country, I mean Germany. Thank you for your cooperation.:) S Shamima Nasrin (talk) 10:15, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
2017 Science CompetitionEdit
I'm not finding the video I uploaded for this competition. I see where you made an edit of some sort here. Was my upload rejected, or is there a particular place I need to look? Thanks in advance. Atsme 📞 02:56, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Atsme: Hi! You're supposed to upload the stuff through the specific competition uploader, which takes care of everything for you, but I can make sure this gets categorized properly :) Do you have more stuff you have uploaded? --Reosarevok (talk) 09:49, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
2018 Science Competition in RussiaEdit
Hello! My name is Dmitry Zhukov, I am the organizer of the contest of scientific photographs of 2018 in Russia. Since this year there is no international competition, we decided to hold a local competition. Here is his page  At me the request, you were the founder of the company on loading  For Russia in the international competition of 2017.
@JukoFF:: Hi! Would you want to create a separate page, or use Campaign:wsc-ru again? Both should be possible but each option needs different things done :) --Reosarevok (talk) 18:27, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, nevermind, I see you have a new one. I'm looking into it. I've created Template:Russian_Science_Photo_Competition_2018 (needs a couple fixes but should be ok soon) and changed the code of Campaign:wsc18-ru to point to specific categories for the Russian competition, like with the 2016 Ukraine spin-off :) --Reosarevok (talk) 18:51, 8 July 2018 (UTC)