|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 Autopatrol given
- 3 File:Fountain at Independence Square, Bridgetown, Barbados-004.jpg
- 4 Careful with HotCat!
- 5 File:Alewife Brook Reservation water quality warning.jpg
- 6 Notification about possible deletion
- 7 Please be more careful!
- 8 Strange category changes
- 9 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 10 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 11 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 12 Stop
- 13 COM:AN
- 14 Community Insights Survey
- 15 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
- 16 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Sir Frank Worrell, Sir Clyde Walcott, and Sir Everton Weekes - The 3Ws (Kensington stands), Barbados.jpg was uncategorized on 1 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Image:File-Heroes Square, Bridgetown (2000).jpg was uncategorized on 2 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
If I remember correctly, I believe I unlinked these so as to speed up their deletion (as duplicates?) and- to decrease their chance of being added to articles and possibly being thought as needing to be retained. CaribDigita (talk) 14:42, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This has no effect on your editing, it is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones like yours. In addition, you can now share images from Flickr using the UploadWizard, batch-upload up to 500 files with UploadWizard instead of 50, move up to 32 pages per minute instead of 8, and upload freely licensed audio files in the MP3 format. Thank you. ZooFari 23:02, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 14:40, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
Careful with HotCat!Edit
Hey, just wanted to let you know - you might want to be a tad more careful with HotCat. I've had to undo three edits you made today - File:Commuter train at Porter 2.JPG and File:Wellington MBTA aerial view.JPG were already in subcategories of the category you added, while you added File:Fitchburg Line train in Cambridge.JPG to Category:Inner Belt which wasn't quite what you thought it was. Thanks, Pi.1415926535 (talk) 01:27, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
File:Alewife Brook Reservation water quality warning.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Notification about possible deletionEdit
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Please be more careful!Edit
Strange category changesEdit
Can you explain what you were trying to do with this edit? You removed one good category (Category:MBTA in 2012), added one category that the image was already in a subcategory of (Category:Southwest Corridor), and changed one category to its older, incorrect name (Category:Ruggles (MBTA station) to Category:Ruggles Station (MBTA)). None of those were necessary, and your edit summary doesn't reflect the change you actually made. Pi.1415926535 (talk) 14:50, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi there, I meant to just look at what I had done wrong initially, It looks like I filled it under "Cat:Iron Maiden" alone's Category (which is the torture device). And I meant to put it under "Cat:Iron Maiden turnstiles" instead. I forgot to click forward again. CaribDigita (talk) 15:58, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 01:12, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 15:23, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 20:01, 3 October 2019 (UTC)