Open main menu

Greetings

Dear Liné1,
I wish you and your family a peaceful Merry Christmas and for the New Year 2017 all the best.
I thank you very much for your excellent work here in this year also.
Cheers. Orchi (talk) 22:45, 23 December 2016 (UTC)

Merry Christmas my friend @Orchi:.
I wish everything possible.
My christmas was really fine: my 8 years child loved his LEGO Falcon Millenium.
I helped him sort the pieces of courses ;-)
Happy new year too. Liné1 (talk) 18:07, 2 January 2017 (UTC)

Petition

Hi Liné1, please have a look at e.g. Arum. This LUA-message is present, if{{VN}} is empty and only without "|de=xxx". Greetings. Orchi (talk) 16:11, 28 December 2016 (UTC)

Hello @Orchi:, there is no error message any more. But I recently added new error detection. You can find problematic articles in Category:Pages with biology property incorrect on Wikidata.
But the problems are in wikidata, not in wikicommons.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 17:42, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
Bonjour @Liné1:, unfortunately with me the same error is still present furthermore. (By the way: Wikispecies has stopped the VN connection with Wikidata). Cheers. Orchi (talk) 18:01, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
I do also still see the same error message ("Lua error in Module:Wikidata4Bio at line 731: attempt to index local 'entities' (a nil value)."). Could it be made so that VN is hidden or empty in these cases? --Averater (talk) 18:08, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
I corrected the error. Try to force the refresh of the page.
Cheers 79.91.113.226 19:03, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
.....all o.k. Many thanks!!! Orchi (talk) 19:07, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
Great! --Averater (talk) 19:18, 2 January 2017 (UTC)

File:Young Pomacanthus imperator by Line1.jpg

 
File:Young Pomacanthus imperator by Line1.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.

Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!

Afrikaans | العربية | беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | বাংলা | català | čeština | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | فارسی | suomi | français | galego | עברית | hrvatski | magyar | Հայերեն | Bahasa Indonesia | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | 한국어 (조선) | македонски | മലയാളം | norsk bokmål | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | occitan | polski | پښتو | português | português do Brasil | română | русский | sicilianu | slovenčina | slovenščina | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ไทย | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

81.167.212.170 08:19, 2 January 2017 (UTC)

Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey

  1. This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
  2. Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.

category:Coccothraustes coccothraustes and category:Colinus virginianus

template:VN, now line 641. Sorry to bother. Sobreira (parlez) 11:08, 18 January 2017 (UTC)

Hello @Sobreira:. I see no red error on those pages. I tried to log out. Still nothing. Cheers Liné1 (talk) 13:35, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
My bad maybe. I guess a problem with my caché. I see no problem no more. Merci. Have nice Wednesday. Sobreira (parlez) 13:39, 18 January 2017 (UTC)

Advice needed

Liné1, I was lately working on uploading Category:Photographs by Judy Gallagher including several thousand images with species ID. I added them to proper categories even if they did not exist. I created bunch of missing categories for spiders but for other organisms I waited until the end. Now I am stuck with creating 540 new categories. I know how to do it by hand, but it is very time consuming any ideas on how to do produce best quality category descriptions with least manual work? --Jarekt (talk) 21:01, 3 February 2017 (UTC)

@Jarekt:. Hello my friend,
Sadly I have no perfect solution for you.
I am doing the same with List_of_species_and_genera_in_Category:Mollusc_specimens_at_Naturalis_Biodiversity_Center.
Our friend User:Josve05a has his own list User:Josve05a/cats
Here is my proposition:
If you could modify your list to have also the genus category link in the line, I will look at the genera to see if they have species list.
For example I already modified Category:Neophylax to list the species. And your species Category:Neophylax splendens‎ is listed, so I could create Category:Neophylax splendens‎ manually.
If you create a species category without Taxonavigation but its genus category has Taxonavigation and multiple{{Species}}, then my bot will create the Taxonavigation.
You certainly know that I provide a free java tool for biology contributors: fr:Utilisateur:Liné1/WikipediaBioReferences. You type the scientific name of a taxon => it generates wikicode.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 08:12, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
I did reorganize your page.
Easely, I could spot that Category:Acmaeodera existed. I added species list to Category:Acmaeodera
Then in Category:Acmaeodera, I saw that your 3 species existed and created empty species category (my bot will do the rest).
Remark that I did the creation of the species categories from the species list of Category:Acmaeodera. That way if you miswrite the species name, I would it.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 10:12, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
Ok, I will start creating those Categories and maybe let your bot to have a pass to add Taxonavigation and I will add it to the ones it missed. --Jarekt (talk) 23:36, 5 February 2017 (UTC)

Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey

(Sorry to write in Engilsh)

{{VN}}

Salu Liné1,
please have a look here: "useWikidata=<qcode>"
Cheers. Orchi (talk) 21:00, 27 February 2017 (UTC)

Just I saw your info in JarektBot's page. Pardon!! Orchi (talk) 21:05, 27 February 2017 (UTC)

"Unidentified" par jardin ou zoo

Bonjour Liné1, à chaque fois qu'il y a un doute sur l'identification d'une image je me dis qu'il y a probablement quelqu'un sur la planète Wiki proche de jardin botanique ou du zoo et qui peut aller vérifier ou se renseigner in situ. Pour faciliter les choses, serait-il possible de croiser les catégories à l'aide d'un robot pour créer des catégories du type : Unidentified plant/animal in ... garde/zoo ? Comme ça, quand on va y faire un tour on pourrait consulter instantanément les images à contrôler, ou bien laisser un lien vers chaque catégorie sur les projets locaux concernés. Qu'en penses-tu ? --Salix (talk) 10:13, 28 February 2017 (UTC)

Très mignon comme idée. "Je vais à tel endroit, y a t'il des photos wikicommons à identifier?"
Effectivement, pas besoin d'avoir une categorie précise du genre "Unidentified genus in jardin d'acclimatation", mas plutot "Unidentified plant in jardin d'acclimatation".
Par contre, un bot est difficile à passer:
  • bien: on a facilement l'info "Unidentified" par la présence d'une catégorie commencant par "Unidentified "
  • moyen: on a plus difficiliement l'info plante ou animal (il faut remonter les catégories Unidentified ?).
  • mal: on n'a pas moyen de détecter qu'une catégorie est une catégorie de lieu jardin/zoo
Amitiés Liné1 (talk) 12:58, 28 February 2017 (UTC)

Tetropini‎ and others

Category:Tetropini Category:Colias alfacariensis Category:Heterochtes Category:Hyperinae must be emptying manually. Can you fix them, please? Thanks in advance, Wieralee (talk) 15:15, 5 April 2017 (UTC)

  Done cheers Liné1 (talk) 18:57, 5 April 2017 (UTC)

WBR

Salut, Liné1. Je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre aide. WikipediaBioReferences est un excellent outil java. Salutation.--Miguel Sierra (talk) 09:34, 14 April 2017 (UTC)

Annulations sauvages

Bonjours, j'aimerai savoir pourquoi tu as supprimé mes modifications sur les liens wikidata (multi-alphabet)? je suis sur tu peux imaginer tout le temps de travail que tu viens annulé sans apporter d'explication. es-tu administrateur? --77.132.127.102 08:40, 22 May 2017 (UTC)

Salut @77.132.127.102:
Je ne suis pas Administrateur, mais le concepteur de{{VN}} ;-).
Il ne faut pas utiliser le paramètre useWikidata= de{{VN}} (sauf dans de rares cas assez complexes).
Le lien entre wikidata et wikicommons est dans wikidata.
Par exemple, pour Category:Tinamiformes:
Les pages ayant des messages rouges apparaissent automatiquement dans Category:Pages with biology property incorrect on Wikidata. Donc je m'occupe de les corriger.
Autre exemple, Category:Aaaaba_nodosus
  • Il n'a pas de lien wikidata<->wikicommons mais il te propose un lien pour trouver l'élément wikidata.
  • Cliques sur le lien, il va trouver l'élément wikidata.
  • Je te propose de faire l'association, je te dirais ce qui ne va pas.
Je te recommande de contribuer sur wikicommons/wikipedia en étant loggué.
De mauvaise contributions faites par une ip ressemblent trop à du vandalisme.
Cordialement Liné1 (talk) 09:10, 22 May 2017 (UTC)

Your VFC installation method is deprecated

Hello Liné1, we are aware that using the old installation method of VFC (via common.js, which you are using) may not work reliably anymore and can break other scripts as well. A detailed explanation can be found here. Important: To prevent problems please remove the old VFC installation code from your common.js and instead enable the VFC gadget in your preferences. Thanks! --VFC devs (q) 16:23, 22 May 2017 (UTC)

Hello @Steinsplitter:
You simply saved me.
My VFC and cat-a-lot were no more working.
Thanks a lot Liné1 (talk) 13:12, 23 May 2017 (UTC)

Como poner 'series'

Le agradecería que informe como poner correctamente 'series' y 'subseries' en category:Eucalyptus sect. Exsertaria. Saludos--MILEPRI (talk) 20:24, 30 May 2017 (UTC)

Hello @MILEPRI:, I added series and subseries. Cheers Liné1 (talk) 11:43, 31 May 2017 (UTC)

Redirected categories

Hi :-) Can you fix these categories, please?:
Category: Canthonini‎
Category:Eurychorini‎‎
They depend on templates, I can't do it by myself. Thanks in advance, Wieralee (talk) 17:15, 11 June 2017 (UTC)

Hello @Wieralee:
  Done Cheers Liné1 (talk) 19:52, 11 June 2017 (UTC)

Quick_statements toolQuick_statements tool

Hello! Have you checked out the Quick_statements (alt.) tool? It's a great tool which can accept commands from links (integrated in templates etc.) and edit Wikidata. See e.g. how {{Creator}} have adoped it in Category:Creator templates with Wikidata link: quick statements. Maybe sething whih can be used to add Commons ctegory properties when missing etc.? --Jonatan Svensson Glad (talk) 21:35, 26 July 2017 (UTC)

Hello Josve05a
Damn, it see wonderful but also very difficult to implement!
I will try to investigate.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 09:16, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello Josve05a
After investigation, I really could use the tool.
But sadly, most of the time, when I try to correct one of the{{VN}} error about wikidata it leads me to:
  • merge 2 items (F): most of the time when I set the english label, it is refused because there is another item with the same label => I investigate and most of the time I merge the 2 items)
  • separates 2 items (when there are 2 taxons with the same name but different groups=
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 09:35, 31 July 2017 (UTC)

Category:Cupressaceae

Hi Liné1 — sorry, but I disagree strongly; only one of those synonyms (Taxodiaceae) is in use to any significant extent at all. The rest exist as published names, but nobody uses them anywhere. They perform no useful purpose at all at Commons and only clutter up the page and make the important subcategories and images less accessible. And worse, they also clutter up drop-down menus badly, making Cat-a-Lot and HotCat entry errors much more likely. Same with excessive lists of databases, these belong at Wikidata, not Commons. Commons has a specific purpose — a store of images — it is not a taxonomic database nor a source of information about synonyms. The only synonyms that should be included here are those in widespread use which people are likely to come across in general use. - MPF (talk) 12:37, 8 August 2017 (UTC)

Hello @MPF:
Did you provide the "widespread used one" ? No, you simply remove information (one of the synonym was green, which is the purpose of this SN) + reformat which is considered as rude.
"Widespread used one" is an interesting concept, but how can you guess in advance which one ?
Liné1 (talk) 12:42, 8 August 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-33

23:28, 14 August 2017 (UTC)

WBR license version

In the tool/program it says "Version 526", but on sourceforge it says 536. Guess you made a typo, but just want to make sure these wasn't a regression when pushing the release... --Jonatan Svensson Glad (talk) 16:16, 20 August 2017 (UTC)

And btw, did you remove BioLib from this version? --Jonatan Svensson Glad (talk) 17:01, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
Pfff, you are right: the sourceforge folder v536 is badly named. I will correct that tonight. Thanks my friend
No, I suppose tha BioLib website changed a bit and broken WBR. I will also correct that.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 09:40, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
Hello @Josve05a:,
I corrected BioLib in WBR version 527.
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 12:10, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks! :D --Jonatan Svensson Glad (talk) 12:25, 22 August 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-34

18:01, 21 August 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-35

22:09, 28 August 2017 (UTC)

Juniperus

Perdone que le moleste pero he observado que el trabajo que he realizado los últimos días en la familia Cupressaceae ha sido borrado por el editor MPF. ¿Es correcto lo que ha hecho?. ¿Como puedo conocer si estoy haciendo algo erróneo y lleva razón?. Saludos.--MILEPRI (talk) 20:25, 29 August 2017 (UTC)

Hi @Liné1, MILEPRI: - if I may interject here, MILEPRI has been misunderstanding what Commons is; to assist:
  1. Commons is a store of images
  2. Commons is not a mirror of the Plant List, or any other website
  3. Commons is not a database of synonyms; they belong at Wikispecies, not here. Only those synonyms in widespread use (which Commons contributors are likely to use) should be created as redirects.
  4. Commons is not a database of lists of external websites; they belong at Wikidata, not here
Further to the above, note that the Plant List is very out of date (due to a combination of lack of funding, and [within Pinophyta in particular] 'political' reasons). Unlike e.g. IOC (Aves; updated quarterly), it has not been updated since it was formulated, and even when formulated, much of its content was based on data 20-30 years old or more. The Kew list is slightly more up to date, but still very far from current. Neither can really be considered more than a starting guide.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more queries - MPF (talk) 20:39, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
En resumen: entiendo que no debo ser tan prolijo en la realización de las ediciones y poner solo lo básico para que contenga las imágenes. Gracías y Saludos.--MILEPRI (talk) 20:55, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
@MILEPRI: Sí! But do please add synonyms at Wikispecies, we need more editors there :-) (the formatting there is of couse somewhat different to here, look at a few current pages for how to list them). I am keeping up to date on Pinophyta taxonomy, so if you have any queries about what is the most up-to-date name for a taxon, do ask me on my Wikispecies talk page - MPF (talk) 21:19, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
OK.--MILEPRI (talk) 21:22, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Dear @MPF:
The whole world consider wikipedia as untruthworthy. One of the reason is that wikipedias do not provide enough its sources and accessdates.
Many contributors feel that creating wikicommons categories is "just about media" so there is no need to follow scientific rules.
For example, for plants there were contributor following "Strassburger classification" without telling it, other following "Dahlgren classification". So you could not know what a category represented.
I do not agree to this behavior (and will never). Our contributions must be done with sources and accessdates !
MILEPRI provides list of subtaxa with sources and accessdates. What is wrong with that ?
To criticize him, one must be flawless!
Regards Liné1 (talk) 08:07, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
Hi Liné1 - nothing is going to make 'the whole world' consider wikipedia as more, or less, truthworthy! But that is not really what is relevant here; what it is about is the right part of the wiki setup for things. Commons is for image files. Complete lists of synonyms belong at Wikispecies; lists of other databases belong at Wikidata. Yes, it is worth including some synonyms as redirects here, but only those which users are likely to meet in widespread use. Having large numbers of others as redirects just makes using Commons very difficult and prone to input errors. Same with databases like IPNI or GRIN or Kew - yes, cite one or two if you like, but citing 6 or more doesn't help (and particularly not when the databases themselves are so often unreliable!), and is out of the scope of Commons as an image store. Hope this helps! - MPF (talk) 21:56, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
My friend @MPF:,
We could discuss details on how many sources to provide.
But the truth is: you never provide any sources (searching 5min in you history shows a lot of picture categorizing which is good + a lot of reformating which is considered rude, but no source providing)
The second truth is: wikispecies don't often provide source. When they do, they don't say which data comes from where. For example: subtaxa list are never sourced !!!! As they provide only one subtaxa list, so you can guess that they mixed the data coming from different sources !!!! Horrible
So between lazy sourcing and heavy sourcing, my heart is very clear.
One is scientificaly horrible, the other is simply a detail.
Regards Liné1 (talk) 07:30, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
PS: there is no need to put genera in Cupressaceae subfamilies and in Cupressaceae. Category:Genera of Cupressaceae is meant for listing only genera. Liné1 (talk) 07:33, 31 August 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-36

22:14, 4 September 2017 (UTC)

Commons Conference project

Hello Liné1,

I'm writing you as one of the most active Commons users right now. Since a while now, the idea of a dedicated Commons conference has been floating around. But since the last Wikimania concrete steps have been taken to actually make it happen next year. If you're interested in participation or maybe willing to help organize the first ever Commons Conference, I invite you to check out the project page and leave your comments; or just show your support for the idea, by signing up.

Cheers,

--MB-one (talk) 19:56, 6 September 2017 (UTC)

Category:Anas clypeata

I saw this edit. But it conflicts with this; so I checked IOC 7.3 and only saw Spatula clypeata. What I'm missing here? Jee 05:39, 7 September 2017 (UTC)

Hello @Jkadavoor:
You missed nothing ;-)
The new name is Spatula clypeata
But if you look at Category:Anas clypeata you will see:
  • in{{SN}}: Spatula clypeata (Linnaeus, 1758) (preferred by IOC classification 7.2)
  • in the category: [[:Category:Spatula|clypeata]]<nowiki> :Sadly in wikicommons we don't rename categories. :IOC renames a lot of species each 3 monthese. :If you have an idea to make it more explicit ? Perhaps enlarge the SN entry ? :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 06:11, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::The problem is [[:Category:Spatula clypeata|here]]; it gives the impression that IOC 7.3 prefer ''Anas clypeata'' over ''Spatula clypeata''. We need to either improve the message or use the redirect in [[:Category:Anas clypeata|old name]] so that some bot will move all files. [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 06:18, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :::Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}} :::Yes. {{m|Synonym taxon category redirect}} is not clear enough. It just says there is a synonymy between the 2. :::But sometimes the destination is prefered by the source, sometime the source. :::Ok, we need an additional parameter. But it cannot have a default value. :::What about prefered=source|destination ? :::Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 06:49, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::::It might be a good idea. [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 06:53, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}} :What about preferred=TaxonName? See my proposition in [[:Category:Spatula clypeata]]. :I will try later (it seems technicaly more difficult) to enlarge "Spatula clypeata (Linnaeus, 1758) (preferred by IOC classification 7.2)" in {{m|SN}}. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 08:44, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::It seems a reasonable compromise unless we are moving files to the IOC preferred names and make the others as redirects. Thanks! [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 09:28, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::But it is very odd for me to see ''Anas clypeata‎'' under [[:Category:Spatula]]. So I still prefer a move of files to the new preferred names. Let us see what other like {{u|MPF}} think. [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 09:32, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :::Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}} :::I can tell you what MPF will say (I already talked to him about this): ultimately we will have to rename the categories. :::But my opinion is that is must be done slowly and with care: :::* it can generate wars between contributors: I prefer this source, you prefer that other source :::* sources like IOC change their mind often (I saw IOC rename a species then 3 monthes later rename it back) :::Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 09:36, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :::::No need to rename; just move the contents and make others as redirects. I agree with the conflicts; but our [[:Category:Aves|master category]] of birds says that we follow "IOC Classification". It is not good to follow a different norm and says it is "IOC Classification". Otherwise we need to remove that wording. Its my opinion. {{smiley}} [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 09:43, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}} :It is "Commons follows IOC" that is not precise. :We fully follow IOC when we list subtaxa (list genera in family page, list species in genus page) :But we partially/slowly follow IOC in the species category name. Because it is expensive (moving all pictures!!!) and IOC changes too often. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 11:32, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::I think "moving all pictures" is not difficult as it can be done by a bot. If I remember well, a bot already doing it for category redirect. Why not assign it for synonym category redirect too. [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 11:54, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :::Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}} :::To move pictures, you can easily use cat-a-lot. :::And the bot is already assigned to it. :::The problem is more on the cost for the wikipedia servers (CPU) and database (disk space). ::::[[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 12:09, 7 September 2017 (UTC) Thanks {{ping|Jkadavoor|Liné1}} for the ping - yes, categories can, and should be moved, when taxonomic updates are made. It is rather slow and somewhat tedious work though (so there is a huge backlog!), but I'll get round to it sooner or later. - [[User:MPF|MPF]] ([[User talk:MPF|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 15:23, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :Thanks [[User:MPF|MPF]]. I'll try to involve in the moves. Together we can make it easier. {{smile}} [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 16:05, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::[[User:MPF|MPF]] and Liné1: Did for [[:Category:Sholicola albiventris]] and [[:Category:Sholicola major]]. Please confirm whether this is OK. If fine I'll try in more. [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 16:39, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :::Thanks {{ping|Jkadavoor}} - yep, apart from the serious excess mission creep: to reach the files (what Commons is all about) one now has to scroll down past a whole lot of stuff that doesn't belong on Commons: the synonyms should be on Wikispecies not here, apart for the one or two that people are actually likely to meet (i.e. the ''Myiomela'' combinations that were in use until recently); and the list of references should be on Wikidata (apart from IOC [our taxonomy reference], and IUCN [for its conservation status]). In particular, the ITIS spam (who t.f. are they?? - as well as frequently being very outdated, they're also NOT an unbiased international resource, but pushing an agenda of one nation) needs deleting. Hope this helps! - [[User:MPF|MPF]] ([[User talk:MPF|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 17:44, 7 September 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{ping|Jkadavoor}}, :MPF has a tendency to repeat himself. He has a small computer screen and hates references. For that reason he never provides any. :About the renaming, an other difficulty is that you have to change the wikidata link to wikicommons and {{WikidataProperty|P373}}. Otherwise you break the link wikipedias -> wikicommons. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 18:44, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::Hi {{ping|Jkadavoor|Liné1}} - yes, I repeat myself, because it is necessary to do so! I have a large computer screen but even despite that, I still sometimes have to scroll to see any files at all - and I am also well aware that many (perhaps even most, nowadays) are looking on mobile devices with very small screens, and in much of the world, still over connections with very slow load times: we need to remember that. No, I don't hate references - what I dislike is outdated, unreliable references. Not the same at all! Sadly, there are not many that keep as up to date as IOC do. Yes, correct about the wikidata link needing changing; some of the links change automatically, others don't, but it does give you a reminder that that link does need changing. Something that I would guess will be automated before long. - [[User:MPF|MPF]] ([[User talk:MPF|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 18:59, 7 September 2017 (UTC) ::Thanks [[User:MPF|MPF]] and Liné1 for reviewing my edits. I'll check the wikidata links too in future. I too lazy enough to add so many references; but will keep what exists already without deleting any. :) [[User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">J</span>]][[User talk:Jkadavoor|e]][[:Category:User:Jkadavoor|<span style="color:red;">e</span>]] 02:31, 8 September 2017 (UTC) == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/37|Tech News: 2017-37]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W37"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/37|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * You can get a [[d:Special:Diff/552232398|notification]] when a page you created is connected to a Wikidata item. You can choose to get these notifications in your preferences. Some wikis already had this option. It is now available on all wikis. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T142102] * The [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:Newsletter|Newsletter extension]] is now on mediawiki.org. The newsletter extension is for newsletters where you can subscribe by getting a notification when a new issue has been published. It will come to more wikis later. [https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2017-September/088714.html] *The [[mw:Extension:Linter|Linter extension]] helps you find technical errors in articles. There is now a new high-priority category: <code>tidy-whitespace-bug</code>. This usually affects templates with horizontal lists. You can read more [[mw:Help:Extension:Linter|about using Linter]] and the [[mw: Help:Extension:Linter/tidy-whitespace-bug|Tidy whitespace bug]]. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T173096] '''Problems''' * Tech News [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/36|2017/36]] reported about [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|new filters for edit review]] coming to watchlists. This was planned to happen last week. It will happen next week instead. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T171030] '''Changes later this week''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/wmf.18|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 12 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 13 September. It will be on all wikis from 14 September ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/Roadmap|calendar]]). * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> [[mw:OOjs UI|OOjs UI]] will be updated. This could affect some icons. You can [https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2017-September/088711.html read more about the changes]. '''Meetings''' * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=13&month=09&year=2017 13 September at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0&day=12&month=09&year=2017 12 September at 19:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' *You can't use [[mw:Offline content generator|OCG]] to create PDFs after 1 October. This is because of technical problems. You can use [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Extension:ElectronPdfService|Electron]] instead. Most PDFs are already created with Electron. Electron will get missing features before 1 October. You can create books but they will not have all planned features until November or December. You can [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Reading/Web/PDF Functionality|read more on mediawiki.org]]. * [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|New filters for edit review]] are available now on recent changes as a beta feature. [[mw:Topic:Txr92g0lwqv1rpao|Some of those filters and other features]] will be deployed as default features in the coming weeks. Users will be able to opt out in their preferences. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164489] '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/37|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W37"/> 19:15, 11 September 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17211238 --> == New homepage of WCSP == Bonjour Liné1,<br /> (WCSP) KEW has a redesigned homepage since yesterday.<br /> Therefore are problems with the links to KEW:<br /> * New links: [http://wcsp.science.kew.org/home.do Search] or direct [http://wcsp.science.kew.org/namedetail.do?name_id=64048 ''Dracula cordobae''] *Unfortunately not more in function: # Your super program: '''Wikipedia Bio References''' vers. 521 for KEW. # For examples: {{Kew list|{{PAGENAME}}}} or {{Kew list|Zygostates|''Zygostates'' Lindl. (1837)}} # In Wikispecies: Template:WCSP Can you help? Amitie. [[User:Orchi|Orchi]] ([[User talk:Orchi|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 10:48, 12 September 2017 (UTC) :Ok, looking at it. :I think I will have to do a clever template: :http://wcsp.science.kew.org/advsearch.do?page=advancedSearch&family=Euphorbiaceae is working but only for families. :http://wcsp.science.kew.org/advsearch.do?page=advancedSearch&genus=Philyra is working but only for genera. :http://wcsp.science.kew.org/advsearch.do?page=advancedSearch&genus=Philyra&species=brasiliensis is working but only for species. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 14:58, 12 September 2017 (UTC) ::Hello Liné1, I thank you very much for the perfect changes in the "Template:Kew list". I have copied your new data also in Wikispecies; and it all works as before. :-) thanks and cheers. [[User:Orchi|Orchi]] ([[User talk:Orchi|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 15:42, 12 September 2017 (UTC) ::P.S. ....could you give me a short tip please, if you have changed your program '''Wikipedia Bio References''' . :::Hello {{ping|Orchi}}, I will tell you as soon as I have corrected WBR. Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 17:43, 12 September 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{ping|Orchi}}, a new version of WBR is available with the correction. Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 06:34, 13 September 2017 (UTC) ::Bonjour Liné1,<br /> ::....all in best function!!! Thanks and best greetings. [[User:Orchi|Orchi]] ([[User talk:Orchi|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 10:54, 13 September 2017 (UTC) == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/38|Tech News: 2017-38]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W38"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/38|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' *You can now see contributions from an [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Range blocks#Non-technical explanation|IP range]] at [[Special:Contributions|Special:Contributions]]. Before you could only see contributions from single [[w:en:IP address|IP addresses]]. Some older contributions from IP ranges could be missing at first because it will take some time to add them. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T175105][https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T163562] * Flow has been re-scoped to become [[mw:Structured Discussions|Structured Discussions]] and the development [[mw:Structured_Discussions#Development_status|has restarted]]. Phabricator projects and repositories have been renamed. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T167928] '''Changes later this week''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/wmf.19|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 19 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 20 September. It will be on all wikis from 21 September ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0&day=11&month=04&year=2017 19 September at 18:30 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=20&month=09&year=2017 20 September at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' * We are [[mw:Parsing/Replacing Tidy/FAQ|replacing]] [[w:en:HTML Tidy|Tidy]] on Wikimedia wikis. Editors need to fix pages that could break. You can read the [[mw:Parsing/Replacing Tidy/FAQ#What will editors need to do.3F|simplified instructions for editors]]. Some wikis have already switched. If your wiki would like to switch to the new format now, [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/?projects=Parsing-Team,Tidy,Wikimedia-Site-requests&title=Enable%20RemexHTML%20on%20XXwiki&priority=10&parent=175706 you can file a task]. '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/38|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W38"/> 15:31, 18 September 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17219411 --> == Bégonias tronqués == Bonsoir Liné1, sur [[:Category:Begonia]] il me semble étrange que la liste des espèces selon Kew s'arrête à T et celle de Tropicos à la lettre P. Sais-tu pourquoi ? --[[User:Salix|Salix]] ([[User talk:Salix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 20:01, 22 September 2017 (UTC) :Salut. Je viens de découvrir la limite de ce modèle: 1600. :Kew liste 1600 espèces avant T, Tropicos liste 1600 espèces avant P. :Pas de magie ni de bug :Amitiés [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 20:20, 22 September 2017 (UTC) :: Vois-tu un moyen de contourner ça ? --[[User:Salix|Salix]] ([[User talk:Salix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 20:33, 22 September 2017 (UTC) :::Coucou {{u|Salix}}, c'est corrigé. Amitiés [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 06:52, 23 September 2017 (UTC) :::: Y a pas à dire, tu es génial {{wink}} ! --[[User:Salix|Salix]] ([[User talk:Salix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 07:17, 23 September 2017 (UTC) == Bégonias synonymes == Autre étrangeté. Sur [[:Category:Begonia vellozoana]], le taxon indiqué dans le fil d'Ariane est ''Begonia vellozoana'' Walp. Or il a un homonyme qui n'est pas accepté : ''Begonia vellozoana'' Brade (syn. de ''[[:Category:Begonia olsoniae|Begonia olsoniae]]'' L.B.Sm. & B.G.Schub. selon [http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl1.1/record/kew-363344 ThePlantList] et [http://wcsp.science.kew.org/qsearch.do?page=quickSearch&plantName=Begonia+vellozoana Kew] et IPNI). Du coup c'est un peu la pagaille dans les références et on ne sais pas bien ce que représente l'image (apparemment c'est plutôt B.v. Brade si on se fie aux [http://plants.jstor.org/search?filter=name&so=ps_group_by_genus_species+asc&Query=Begonia+vellozoana herbiers]). As-tu une idée pour expliquer et résoudre ce conflit ? Sachant qu'en plus on trouve aussi bien ''vellozoana'' que ''velloziana'' ! --[[User:Salix|Salix]] ([[User talk:Salix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 20:33, 22 September 2017 (UTC) == Remerciement == Bonjour Liné1,<br>Je souhaitais à mon tour te remercier, par le présent message, de ton retour de satisfaction aux petits travaux d'internationalisation que je réalise aux grès des sujets dans lesquelles j'opère et qui me semble être opportun. De toutes modestes contributions afin de mieux nous comprendre dans une langue qui nous est proche {{smile}} J'avoue prendre un grand plaisir à faire une première catégorisation parmi les plantes ''(même si je fait parfois encore quelques petites erreurs)'' et d'être très assidus pour rester dans la continuité du beau travail déjà réalisé.<br>Merci du plaisir de t'avoir croisé. Cordialement —— [[User:DePlusJean|DePlusJean]] ([[User talk:DePlusJean|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 07:35, 25 September 2017 (UTC) :Bonjour {{u|DePlusJean}} :Ton travail d'internalisation est assez important. :Pas tant pour les lecteurs externes (les lecteurs de wikipedia arrivent rarement sur wikicommons), mais plutot pour les contributeurs. :Il est important que nous aidions les contributeurs (de tous les pays) dans leur progression au sein de wikicommons. :Pour ma part, j'essaie de bien documenter mes templates (biologie uniquement). :Tu peux regarder ma page [[Biology internationalization templates]] sensée aider à l'internalisation des templates de biologie. :Bien cordialement (la prochaine fois je dirais amitiés car j'essaie d'avoir les meilleurs rapports avec les contributeurs) [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 12:29, 25 September 2017 (UTC) ::Merci de ton message et de l'encouragement sur le sujet de l'internalisation qui l'accompagne {{smile}}<br>Je partage pleinement ta pensée tant qu'aux difficultés que peuvent rencontrer les contributeurs ''(dont j'ai fait partie au début)'' de tous les pays dont l'anglais n'est pas nécessairement leurs langues d'usages au sein de WikiCommons. Et j'ai commencé à faire [[User:DePlusJean/Tools in Commons|une page de test]] sur le sujet parmi les manquements importants pour lequel je suis reparti d'une énonciation simple des sujets qui compose les phrases afin de pouvoir les traduire au plus juste de leurs contextes aux travers de différents traducteurs. Une fois avancée, j'avais l'intention de les proposer sur leurs pages de discussions respectives en sollicitant quelques administrateurs, ou personnes faisant des traductions, pour en valider le contenu avant de les placer sur les pages correspondantes. Cette démarche étant également dans l'esprit de compréhension pour tous afin de saisir les rouages de fonctionnement de WikiCommons.<br>Très très bien la page que tu as réalisé : [[Biology internationalization templates]], j'y suis passé, il y a quelques jours pour continuer à apprendre les bases nécessaires pour la création des descriptions de taxons dans les pages de catégories. Pour mémoire, les premières pages m'ont sollicités plus de six heures de recherche pour les réaliser ''proprement'' même si elles ne sont pas parfaites comme le ferait un professionnel du sujet.<br>Sincères félicitations pour le beau travail accompli {{blue|Liné1}} —— [[User:DePlusJean|DePlusJean]] ([[User talk:DePlusJean|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 16:24, 25 September 2017 (UTC) == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/39|Tech News: 2017-39]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W39"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/39|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * Wikitext [[w:en:Syntax highlighting|syntax highlighting]] is a beta feature on Wikimedia wikis with text written from left to right. This beta feature is based on [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Extension:CodeMirror|CodeMirror]]. You can now search through the entire article with <code>CTRL</code>+<code>F</code> or <code>cmd</code>+<code>F</code> when you edit. Before it just searched through a part of the article. The developers are also fixing a couple of other bugs. [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Wikitext_editor_syntax_highlighting#Status_Updates][https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T95104] * Administrators on wikis that use [[mw:Structured Discussions/Request_Structured_Discussions_on_a_page/Beta_feature|Structured Discussions as a beta feature or by default]] can now [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Structured_Discussions/Activation#ActivationBySysops|create and move]] Structured Discussions boards. Structured Discussions was previously called Flow. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T175934] '''Changes later this week''' *You now [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Login notifications|get a notification]] when someone tries to log in to your account and fails. If they try from a device or IP address that have logged in to your account before you will be notified after five failed attempts. For security reasons you will soon get an email by default when someone tries to log in to your account and when someone logs in to your account from a new device or IP address. This can be turned off in your preferences. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174263] * Users with extremely old browsers (for example Netscape 2–4, released from 1995–1997) which do not support Unicode will no longer be able to edit. They should try to install a new browser. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T67297] * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.1|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 26 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 27 September. It will be on all wikis from 28 September. ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=27&month=09&year=2017 27 September at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' *The Wikimedia Foundation [[mw:Readers|Readers department]] has proposed changing the mobile website. You can [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/NewMobileWebsite#Proposal|read more on mediawiki.org]]. This would be a big change. *You can't use [[mw:Offline content generator|OCG]] to create PDFs after 1 October. This is because of technical problems. You can still create PDFs. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/37|Tech News 2017/37]] said the function to create PDFs from books would still work. It is now clear it will not work for the next few months. The developers are working on fixing this. You can [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Reading/Web/PDF Functionality|read more on mediawiki.org]]. '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/39|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W39"/> 15:59, 25 September 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17259189 --> == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/40|Tech News: 2017-40]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W40"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/40|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * You can now use [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Manual:Creating pages with preloaded text|preload]] features in the visual editor. This means you can create links to create new pages and some text will already be in the edit window when someone clicks on it. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T51622] '''Changes later this week''' * If you have turned on "{{int:betafeatures-auto-enroll}}" you will now get the [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/2017 wikitext editor|2017 wikitext editor]]. Before this you had to turn it on manually even though it is a beta feature. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T176181] * [[Special:Block|Special:Block]] and [[Special:Unblock|Special:Unblock]] will get the [[mw:UX standardization|OOUI look]]. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T107036] * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> The jQuery library will be upgraded to version 3 on all Wiktionary wikis from 2 October. It will be on all non-Wikipedia wikis from 4 October. It will be on all wikis from 5 October. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T124742] * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.30/wmf.2|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 3 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 4 October. It will be on all wikis from 5 October ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0&day=03&month=10&year=2017 3 October at 19:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=04&month=10&year=2017 4 October at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' * A new feature called Reading Lists are coming to the Wikipedia mobile apps. First it will be in the Android version. Reading Lists are a private user preference where you can see lists of articles on multiple devices. You can [[mw:Talk:Wikimedia Apps/Synced Reading Lists|give feedback on this feature]]. [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Synced_Reading_Lists] * The search function has used [[mw:Manual:Language#Fallback languages|fallback languages]] for language analysis. This means a language could be analysed with the grammar of a completely unrelated language to find related words. This will be removed from most wikis the week starting with 9 October. You can [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia Discovery/Disabling Messaging Fallbacks for Language Analysis|read more and give feedback]]. '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/40|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W40"/> 23:25, 2 October 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17287248 --> == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/42|Tech News: 2017-42]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W42"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/42|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * When you edit a template with the visual editor it follows the template's <code>format</code> configuration on how to save it. You can now change the format in [[mw:Help:TemplateData#Custom_formats|more powerful ways]] if your wiki wants it. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T138492][https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T135667] * The [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Extension:TwoColConflict|TwoColConflict]] extension is a new way to solve edit conflicts. It makes it easier to copy and paste the relevant text to the text field. It has been a beta feature for the last five months. You can now [[m:WMDE Technical Wishes/Edit Conflicts/Feedback Round Test Page|try out the new interface]] on a page where you will actually get simulated edit conflicts. You can [[m:Talk:WMDE Technical Wishes/Edit Conflicts/Feedback Round Test Page|give feedback]] to the developers. '''Problems''' * There is a problem with recent changes pages and your watchlist that show a large number of pages. Until it is fixed, Wikidata edits will not be shown on recent changes or in your watchlist on Commons or Russian Wikipedia. If necessary, Wikidata edits will be removed from all wikis. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T171027] * Notifications are not working for some actions. For example some users don't get a notification when they are mentioned. The developers are working on fixing this. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177825] * Users on some wikis could not change their preferences. This has now been fixed. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177478] '''Changes later this week''' * Editors and readers who still use Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP will not be able to use Wikipedia from 17 October. Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP can't connect securely to the wikis. When we allow them to do so it means that we get less security for everyone else. If you use Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP you can install [https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/ Firefox 52 ESR] instead. Around 0.1% of the traffic to the Wikimedia wikis comes from Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T147199] * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.4|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 17 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 18 October. It will be on all wikis from 19 October ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0&day=17&month=10&year=2017 17 October at 19:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=18&month=10&year=2017 18 October at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/42|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W42"/> 15:31, 16 October 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17314765 --> == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/43|Tech News: 2017-43]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W43"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/43|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can use <code>ccnorm_contains_any</code> when you create an abuse filter. This can be used to look for multiple words or phrases within a string. It will find words where some characters have been replaced. You can read more [[mw:Extension:AbuseFilter/Rules format|in the documentation]]. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177711] '''Changes later this week''' * When you search in some languages the search function could use specific other languages if the first language didn't work. This is called a fallback language. This didn't work properly and created bad searches. The search index is being fixed to work better. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177871] * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.5|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 24 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 25 October. It will be on all wikis from 26 October ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=18&min=30&sec=0&day=24&month=10&year=2017 24 October at 18:30 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&min=00&sec=0&day=25&month=10&year=2017 25 October at 15:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' *There is a [[c:Commons:Structured data/Get involved/Community focus group|Structured Commons community focus group]] for Commons and Wikidata contributors who want to give input on structured data on Wikimedia Commons. You can [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Structured Commons focus group|sign up]] to join it. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174142] '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/43|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W43"/> 18:18, 23 October 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17344086 --> == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/44|Tech News: 2017-44]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W44"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/44|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' *You can now block users from emailing you through the Wikimedia wikis. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177319] '''Changes later this week''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.6|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 31 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 1 November. It will be on all wikis from 2 November ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=18&min=30&sec=0&year=2017&month=10&day=31 31 October at 18:30 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=00&sec=0&day=01&month=11&year=2017 1 November at 16:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/44|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W44"/> 00:20, 31 October 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17372700 --> == WBR has issues with NCBI == WBR 528 seems to have isues with NCBI since a day or so ago. It lists all speices as synonyms of themselfs. --[[User:Josve05a|Jonatan Svensson Glad]] ([[User talk:Josve05a|talk]]) 15:48, 14 October 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{u|Josve05a}} :Could you give me an example ? :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 17:14, 14 October 2017 (UTC) ::Searching for "Alypia langtoni" give the following result: <pre> {{SN |{{Syn|<i>Alypia langtoni</i> <small>Couper, 1865</small>||preferredBy=NCBI}} |{{Syn|Alypia langtoni||source=NCBI}} }} {{VN}} * {{ITIS|188680|''Alypia langtoni'' Couper, 1865 }} * {{NCBI|1485771|''<i>Alypia langtoni</i> <small>Couper, 1865</small>'' (Syn. of ''Alypia langtoni'') }} </pre> ::The {{tl|NCBI}} and {{tl|Syn}} seems a bit weird. --[[User:Josve05a|Jonatan Svensson Glad]] ([[User talk:Josve05a|talk]]) 18:32, 14 October 2017 (UTC) :::Hello {{u|Josve05a}}. I delivered a [https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipediabioref/files/v529/WikipediaBioReferences.zip/download new version of WBR] that solves the problem. Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 08:46, 19 October 2017 (UTC) ::::Thanks! It however seems to have an issue with IUCN as well... --[[User:Josve05a|Jonatan Svensson Glad]] ([[User talk:Josve05a|talk]]) 12:38, 21 October 2017 (UTC) === IUCN issues in 529 === Searching for <code>Conolophus subcristatus</code> gives the following result for IUCN: <pre>|{{Syn|Conolophus subcristatus (Gray, 1831)|(Gray, 1831)|preferredBy=IUCN}}</pre> <pre>* {{IUCN|VU|5240|Conolophus subcristatus (Gray, 1831)|(Gray, 1831) (Syn. of ''Conolophus subcristatus'') }}</pre> It seems to claim it is a synonym of itself. --[[User:Josve05a|Jonatan Svensson Glad]] ([[User talk:Josve05a|talk]]) 12:38, 21 October 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{u|Josve05a}} :The bug is not really that: WBR thinks that the name (without auth) is 'Conolophus subcristatus (Gray, 1831)' :So when it does not recognize the searched name (without auth) :I will correct that tomorrow. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 09:06, 22 October 2017 (UTC) ::Hello {{u|Josve05a}}. ::Like NCBI, it was a change on IUCN web site. ::I corrected it in [https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipediabioref/files/v530/WikipediaBioReferences.zip/download version 530] ::Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 08:21, 23 October 2017 (UTC) :::Thanks! :D --[[User:Josve05a|Jonatan Svensson Glad]] ([[User talk:Josve05a|talk]]) 19:21, 31 October 2017 (UTC) == Unicorns! == Wow, you need to post some photos of those non-extinct [[Special:Diff/265891113|Hyracotheriinae]] and [[Special:Diff/265891113|Anchitheriinae]], they must be rad. -- [[User:Tuvalkin|Tuválkin]] [[User talk:Tuvalkin|✉]] [[Special:Contributions/Tuvalkin|✇]] 21:35, 3 November 2017 (UTC) : Hello Tuvalkin,<BR/> : I am sorry not to have explained you why I reverted your changes (I was in a hurry):<BR/> :* Extinct taxons cat are always placed in their parent cat in addition to been optionally placed in Category:Extinct Parent (Here [[:Category:Anchitheriinae]] must be in [[:Category:Equidae]] AND [[:Category:Extinct Equidae]]. : Look at all the other extinct categories, it is always the case (See [[:Category:Amynodontidae]] placed in [[:Category:Rhinocerotoidea]] and [[:Category:Extinct Perissodactyla]])<BR/> : Best regards [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 17:19, 4 November 2017 (UTC) :* Thanks for the explanation. Some would point out that this practice you outline is [[COM:OVERCAT]], but I’m always willing to accept bending that rule when there’s a good reason for it, and looks like here there’s certainly a good reason. Keep up the good work! -- [[User:Tuvalkin|Tuválkin]] [[User talk:Tuvalkin|✉]] [[Special:Contributions/Tuvalkin|✇]] 21:05, 6 November 2017 (UTC) == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/45|Tech News: 2017-45]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W45"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/45|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' *You will no longer see the patrol log on [[Special:Log|Special:Log]] unless you specifically select it. [https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/384197] '''Changes later this week''' *The [[m:Special:MyLanguage/2017 Community Wishlist Survey|2017 Community Wishlist Survey]] begins on 6 November. You can post proposals from [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=00&sec=0&day=06&month=11&year=2017 19:00 UTC] and until November 19. * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.7|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 7 November. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 8 November. It will be on all wikis from 9 November ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=00&sec=0&day=08&month=11&year=2017 8 November at 16:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' *[[:w:en:URL|URLs]] that link to sections on Wikimedia wikis with non-Latin scripts have looked like this: <code>https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Википедия#.D0.98.D1.81.D1.82.D0.BE.D1.80.D0.B8.D1.8F</code> instead of <code>https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Википедия#История</code>. This will soon be fixed. Old links will still work. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T152540][https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T75092] '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/45|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W45"/> 18:45, 6 November 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17381742 --> == WoRMS missing in WBR == Hello Liné1, I noticed that WBR (529) gives no longer the links to WoRMS. Maybe they have moved the site? WoRMS looks also a bit different now. Thanks for your help, cheers, --[[User:Thiotrix|Thiotrix]] ([[User talk:Thiotrix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 12:56, 7 November 2017 (UTC) :Hello {{u|Thiotrix}} :I don't forget you. :The fix is in progress, but it is kind of long to correct. :Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 13:49, 14 November 2017 (UTC) ::Hello {{u|Thiotrix}} ::It is finally fixed: [https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipediabioref/files/v531/WikipediaBioReferences.zip/download In version 531] ::Cheers [[User:Liné1|Liné1]] ([[User talk:Liné1#top|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 16:22, 15 November 2017 (UTC) ::: Thank you very much! And you have fixed the double name output for IUCN, too. Cheers, --[[User:Thiotrix|Thiotrix]] ([[User talk:Thiotrix|<span class="signature-talk">{{int:Talkpagelinktext}}</span>]]) 08:05, 16 November 2017 (UTC) == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/46|Tech News: 2017-46]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W46"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/46|Translations]] are available. '''Changes later this week''' *The diff you see when you compare two different versions of a page has changed on [[mw:MediaWiki|MediaWiki.org]] and [[testwiki:Main Page|the test wiki]]. This is to make it easier to find a text change in a moved paragraph. It will hopefully soon come to more wikis. You can [[phab:T146781|report bugs in Phabricator]]. [https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2017-November/089099.html] *A new user group on Commons will be able to upload [[w:en:MP3|MP3 files]]. The plan is to have this user group from 17 November. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T180002] * Wikis using Flagged Revisions will get the [[:mw:Special:MyLanguage/Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|New filters for Edit Review]] by default on the recent changes pages. It will be possible to opt-out in user preferences. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178990] * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> The [[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/wmf.8|new version]] of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 14 November. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 15 November. It will be on all wikis from 16 November ([[mw:MediaWiki 1.31/Roadmap|calendar]]). '''Meetings''' * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=00&sec=0&day=15&month=11&year=2017 15 November at 16:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' *Support for uploading and viewing 3D models is coming soon to Wikimedia Commons. The feature will support the [[w:en:STL (file format)|.STL file format]]. You can see an example [[testwiki:File:Programmatically created crystal.stl|on the test wiki]]. [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:3d] '''''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/Writers|Tech News writers]] and posted by [[m:Special:MyLanguage/User:MediaWiki message delivery|bot]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|Contribute]] • [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/46|Translate]] • [[m:Tech|Get help]] • [[m:Talk:Tech/News|Give feedback]] • [[m:Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe or unsubscribe]].'' </div></div> <section end="technews-2017-W46"/> 19:19, 13 November 2017 (UTC) <!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors&oldid=17417996 --> == [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/47|Tech News: 2017-47]] == <section begin="technews-2017-W47"/><div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr"><div class="plainlinks"> Latest '''[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|tech news]]''' from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2017/47|Translations]] are available. '''Recent changes''' * If you use the Chrome web browser on [[w:en:Android (operating system)|Android]] you can see a download icon on the mobile website. You can download a formatted PDF. It will work in other mobile browsers in the future. [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_PDFs] * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> The abuse filter now has a function called <code>get_matches</code>. You can use it to store matches from regular expressions – one of each capturing group. You can read more [[phabricator:T179957|in Phabricator]]. '''Problems''' * Last week's MediaWiki version didn't come to all Wikipedias because of a database crash. It will be on all wikis on 20 November. [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T180714][https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178635][https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/20171116-s5-dewiki-wikidata] '''Changes later this week''' * There is no new MediaWiki version this week. '''Meetings''' * <span title="Recurrent item">[[File:Octicons-sync.svg|12px|link=]]</span> You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=19&min=30&sec=0&year=2017&month=11&day=21 21 November at 19:30 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings|how to join]]. * <span title="Advanced item">[[File:Octicons-tools.svg|15px|link=]]</span> You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=00&sec=0&day=22&month=11&year=2017 22 November at 16:00 (UTC)]. See [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|how to join]]. '''Future changes''' * Language converter syntax will no longer work inside external links. Wikitext like <code><nowiki>http://-{zh-cn:foo.com; zh-hk:bar.com; zh-tw:baz.com}- must be replaced. You will have to write -{zh-cn: http://foo.com ; zh-hk: http://bar.com ; zh-tw:http://baz.com }- instead. This only affects languages with Language Converter enabled. Examples of such languages are Chinese and Serbian. This will happen next week. [22][23]

Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by botContributeTranslateGet helpGive feedbackSubscribe or unsubscribe.

19:18, 20 November 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-48

20:30, 27 November 2017 (UTC)

Algaebase in WBR

Hello Liné1, once again I need your help with WBR. Last week, AlgaeBASE has changed something, so WBR gives no longer the subtaxon lists. When you modify your program, I would prefer to list only the species with a C (now marked by a blue link). It seems, that the names with U and P are not really accepted taxa, just published names that need more research upon their status. Thanks and cheers, --Thiotrix (talk) 10:52, 30 November 2017 (UTC)

Hello Thiotrix
I will take a look and take only accepted. Usually, when I do that, I also add a note=Only accepted taxon
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 12:46, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
Hello Thiotrix
Corrected with latests WBR.
Until now, I only rejected S species ('S' a homotypic or heterotypic synonym)
I think I should take U species ('U' indicates a name of uncertain taxonomic status, but which has been subjected to some verification nomenclaturally)
I don't know about P species ('P' indicates a preliminary AlgaeBase entry that has not been subjected to any kind of verificatio)
What do you think
Cheers Liné1 (talk) 10:52, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
Hello Liné1, thank you very much for your update of WBR.
I'm working now on brown and red algae for wikispecies, and I noticed that names flagged with U are those names, of which AlgaeBASE knows where they were first published. But this does neither mean that it is an accepted taxon, nor that it still belongs to this genus. Example given, Fucus albus Esper, flagged with U, is a nom. illeg. Same is true for Fucus capensis Areschoug, 1860, where Algaebase does not yet mention that it is a nom. illeg. (non S.G.Gmelin, 1768). That's why I would prefer to omit the U-tagged names.
Names tagged with P are names where AlgaeBASE is still missing more data. Some of them may be only at status of "nomen nudum", some of them are validly published, as I know from numerous names by Kützing: we have type specimens here at commons, e.g. Polysiphonia rugulosa, where we know from the label, that it was published in Tabulae Phycologicae XIII; 97 (1863), with the type from Eckernförde, but AlgaeBASE still does not know this. As no current publication uses those P names, it is very likely, that they will be all synonymized with other taxa. For these reasons, I propose to use only the C-flagged names for the subtaxon lists in WBR. Cheers, --Thiotrix (talk) 13:13, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
Hello Thiotrix OK, understood. I will only take only C, but I will add a not saying that I removed S,P and U. Cheers Liné1 (talk) 14:03, 4 December 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-49

17:51, 4 December 2017 (UTC)

Family Attevidae

Hello: Please, note that Category:Attevidae (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attevidae) is a family of the superfamily Category:Yponomeutoidea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yponomeutoidea). It is not a subfamily. If you want to set things right, please, do me a favor and move it to the proper place, but don't change it back to a subfamily, because this is incorrect. I wish I knew how to perform this move in Wikicommons. Thanks. --Polinizador (talk) 13:58, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

Hello Polinizador
I updated Category:Yponomeutoidea, Category:Yponomeutidae, Category:Attevidae, Category:Attevinae, Category:Atteva
Of course, I introduced some complexity by managing Category:Attevidae, Category:Attevinae. But we often do that when no consensus is found.
Best regards Liné1 (talk) 14:54, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
Thanks. --Polinizador (talk) 15:21, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

Tech News: 2017-50

17:58, 11 December 2017 (UTC)

Can you help please ?

Salu Liné1,
I tried to build the following templates:

but you see that there is an expert required. Cheers. Orchi (talk) 18:36, 14 December 2017 (UTC)

...je t'en remercie. Orchi (talk) 12:24, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
P.S. My error: I copied the singular from Template:LanSwTubers.

Tech News: 2017-51

15:26, 18 December 2017 (UTC)

Best regards

Salu Liné1,
thanks for your great work here!
I wish you and your family Joyeux Noël et tout le meilleur pour l'année 2018.
I hope, we have further many fun in our doing here in a good and friendly atmosphere.
All the best for you.
Orchi (talk) 20:55, 23 December 2017 (UTC)

Fw:Taxonavigation include

Hi. Thank you very much for the information. It is a great honor for me to work with an eminence like you. My studies were Doctorate in Chemical Sciences that help me a lot. Regards from La Plata, Argentina. --Allforrous (talk) 01:04, 29 December 2017 (UTC)

Question

Salu Liné1,
Did you see, that the structures are changed or should be changed, e.g. the use of „.“ (dots) not only for species, genera, tribes etc. but also for (illustrations) (herbarium specimens) (in art)/(on stamps) (microscopic images) (maps) (low quality)? I do not read everything here. Are you informed?
Cheers. Orchi (talk) 11:57, 31 December 2017 (UTC)

Return to the user page of "Liné1/2017".