More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Please help me
- 2 TUSC token 8fff9be6dd4a5d1127024afdb6038723
- 3 TUSC token 0f7e95570edcf81ee5a909294f9deb8f
- 4 Administrator
- 5 Tip: Categorizing images
- 6 Help in removal
- 7 Request for stable flag
- 8 The Original Barnstar
- 9 File:Molfetta - Chiesa di San Pietro.JPG
- 10 Grazie
- 11 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
- 12 User:DenghiÙComm
Please help meEdit
TUSC token 8fff9be6dd4a5d1127024afdb6038723Edit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
TUSC token 0f7e95570edcf81ee5a909294f9deb8fEdit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Congratulazioni, Melos! Ora ti sono stati concessi i permessi amministrativi su Commons. Grazie per essere entrato nell'elenco degli amministratori.
Dai un'occhiata alla pagina Commons:Administrators, e segui le pagine correlate, in particolare Commons:Administrators' noticeboard (la bacheca amministrativa) e Commons:Deletion requests (richieste d'eliminazione), prima di iniziare ad eliminare file, proteggere pagine, bloccare utenti, o modificare pagine protette. La maggior parte delle azioni compiute da un amministratore possono essere ripristinate da altri sysop, con l'eccezione della fusione delle cronologie, che quindi dev'essere trattata con particolare attenzione.
Se vuoi, puoi anche unirti a noi sul nostro canale IRC: #wikimedia-commons @ irc.freenode.net.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 20:07, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Help in removalEdit
- I am trying to get my nme removed from a batch of images I uploaded with commonist, with a mistake in the setup. I need to have only my nickname published.
- Unfortunately, mediawiki keeps the old description public, so I'm asking you, as an admin, a big favour: could you delete the old revisions of those images, to remove those descriptions? You can find them under my recent contributions, all the edits made on 29 september.
- Sorry to ask you to waste some time, but I feel this is quite important. --Jollyroger (talk) 07:55, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
- I can help you but you need to upload a clean version so we can delete the old diff with your name on it.
- Could you please use the upload new version function to upload some clean versions, when you're done please give here or on my talkpage a note and I will remove all old versions.
- Best regards,
- Huib talk 12:03, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Request for stable flagEdit
The Original BarnstarEdit
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for all your hard work with the Italian CoA and your OTRS work. Huib talk 11:49, 27 November 2009 (UTC)|
File:Molfetta - Chiesa di San Pietro.JPGEdit
Hi Melos, concerning File:Molfetta - Chiesa di San Pietro.JPG. I believe you have acces to info-it. Could you have a look if ticket:2007061810004126 exists? Thanks. -- Best regards, Taketa (talk) 21:35, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee