More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
|File:Poster 50. Geburtstag Jim Morrison Paris Schuschke.png has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:17, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Poster 50. Geburtstag Jim Morrison Paris Schuschke.tif was uncategorized on 23 September 2009.
- Image:Poster 50. Geburtstag Jim Morrison Paris Schuschke.png was uncategorized on 23 September 2009.
- Image:Screenshot LiquidThreads Labs Feedback page in Firefox v3.5.2 on 2009-10-08.png was uncategorized on 10 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:49, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
Re: Commons:Deletion requests/LaminateEdit
European Union definitionEdit
|“||Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.||”|
—European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, 
Calling it a hoax can be construed an attack or insensitivity by people who have suffered, directly or indirectly, from antisemtism, even if you certainly didn't mean it as such :(. Thank you for understanding. -- Avi (talk) 05:30, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry if you feel that I am attacking you, that is not the case. My original intention was to 1) explain the vehemence of MBZ1's reactions and 2) to try and point to the official EU documentation as opposed to an advocacy website. Continuing, I was merely pointing out more recent data for you. I'm not certain why you are so defensive, but, at least from my perspective, you shouldn't be. Sorry. -- Avi (talk) 17:08, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- "attacking": Avi, you really need to be more rude, at least to me. I have no idea why you think that I think you attacked me. There is no problem, nothing to apologize for. Least of all for expressing your opinions.
- "vehemence": If you check up her talkpage's history, you'll see that we had a rather pleasant exchange yesterday. Besides, while I do try to understand the people I'm with, it usually influences my arguments only in matters of tactics, and tactics is something I try to avoid.
- "defensive": Avi, we two see me in totally different lights. I think I'm argumentative, occasionally bordering on "overly combative".
- Regards, Paradoctor (talk) 17:32, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
In that case, I'm glad. As I said, there is enough bad feeling running around that I do not want to be the cause of any more. Thanks for clearing that up. Oh, and I don't intend to be more rude to you or anyone -- Avi (talk) 17:37, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- I'm only amazed that with all the energy spent on debating the issue, so little of it went into research facts. I admit I spent several hours reading ~150 pages, but that doesn't seem to be much in comparison to the manhours already spent on this controversy. Ah well, whatever the reasons, you're welcome. :) Paradoctor (talk) 16:55, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
I've marked your user account to have the autopatrolled user right. If you want to have the "patroller" one instead (useful if you actually want to do edit patrolling), let me know and I can fix it. Killiondude (talk) 22:37, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
|☭:SCOPE has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this gallery, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
|Category:Paradoxical_biological_familiae has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!