Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
- 1 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 2 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 3 Anaktuvuk sod house
- 4 Category:Dance_by_continent
- 5 File:Seattle Folklife Cambodian folk dance 14.jpg and other similar photos.
- 6 Hello
- 7 File:Stop Kavanaugh Rally - US Capitol Grounds - 09-04-2018 02.jpg
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Anaktuvuk sod houseEdit
Hi Ziggyfan23 The barabara category page defines a barabara as the sod winter house of the Aleut people. Anaktuvuk Pass is an Inupiaq village in interior Alaska. This seems to contradict classifying the building as a barabara. Unless perhaps you have a source with another definition or some documentation of cultural influence. Dankarl (talk) 01:34, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
File:Seattle Folklife Cambodian folk dance 14.jpg and other similar photos.Edit
3 years ago, User:Sundgauvien38 removed this (and a bunch of others) from Category:Dance of Cambodia, placing them in Category:Seattle Folklife Cambodian folk dance. I would never have done that myself, but I wasn't going to fight over it. Now, however, you have removed them from the latter category without restoring Category:Dance of Cambodia, so they lose all connection to Cambodian dance. Would you mind my restoring Category:Dance of Cambodia? Or is something else going on here? - Jmabel ! talk 00:15, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
File:Stop Kavanaugh Rally - US Capitol Grounds - 09-04-2018 02.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.