|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Teesville Infant School.jpg was uncategorized on 20 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab 2.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab - Hillfort defences.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab - Iron Age hillfort.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston nab beacon.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Flatts Lane Country Park 2 logo.jpg was uncategorized on 15 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ormesby St Cuthberts Church.jpg was uncategorized on 18 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ormesby St Cuthberts Church 1.jpg was uncategorized on 18 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ugthorpe Aaron Hart's Bacon Factory - 1973.jpg was uncategorized on 17 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:47, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mongo family in Equateur Province.jpg was uncategorized on 9 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:17, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Ferbo.jpgEdit
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:Ferbo.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scopeEdit
21:06, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:Bin Laden 1.jpg. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk. The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
Dear Francish7 If you have a good working knowledge of Lingála (and French), you may be interested to be involved in the Lingála Wikipedia?. If you drop in, you are welcome! --Eruedin (talk) 06:35, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token bdae0e4e6e79ab3929cadf8c8777b1eaEdit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
TUSC token 1c74b5b535226e13784837ed1f3ee372Edit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Map of Punjab 1909Edit
Former Diocese of Beverley mapEdit
Hi, you recently made a map for the Former Diocese of Beverley. I'm sorry to be nit-picking but the map needs to be corrected. Where it says York on File:The former Roman Catholic Diocese of Beverley.gif it actually shows the location of the city of Leeds. It appears the Former Diocese of Beverley map is an edited version of the File:Province of Liverpool.png and on that map shows where Leeds is. The city of York is roughly located on the boundary between the dioceses of Leeds and Middlesbrough. It would be a good idea to place the cross for York in its correct place on the Former Diocese of Beverley map, or just blank it out and don't leave any cross. Warmest regards Scrivener-uki (talk) 12:06, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- When I first read your message, I thought, "Yeah, it is nit-picking ... just because it's not positioned with pinpoint accuracy ..." But when I recalled where I'd placed the cross, it dawned on me that I'd made a mistake. What I must have done is imagined the Diocese of Middlesbrough boundary, without thinking about the Leeds Diocese. I live in the Middlesbrough Diocese and so I'm familiar with the position of York - but the unusual map of Beverley threw me a bit. So, now I can say, "Thank you very much for pointing out my error!" After all that's what collaborative editing is all about. I've dragged the cross up to the correct (I hope) position. With very best wishes Francis Hannaway (talk) 18:39, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for repositioning the cross and the York name tag. If you take a look at the File:Yorkshire_Ridings.png map, you'll see that York is where the three ridings meet together, and that is the position where the cross for York is on the File:The former Roman Catholic Diocese of Beverley.gif. Once again, thanks for fixing the map. Scrivener-uki (talk) 19:52, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
File:Aristide Maillol - The Night.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Notification about possible deletionEdit
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.