|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scopeEdit
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding. Herby talk thyme 11:56, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
Hi TheRealHuldra, you have asked me about pics i taged in category:Palestinian Arab villages depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. the user who took those pics, he:user:McKaby wrote the article about the place: he:גבעת ברפיליה, you may ask him for more info. regards, Gveret Tered (talk) 16:40, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Barfiliya and Barfilia is the same place in municipal zone of Modiin city.
Godt, da fikk vi det avklart. Jeg så Al Jazeera beskrev denne personen som Erik fosse i videoklippet, men synes ikke det lignet selv og postet derfor en forespørsel på nb:Diskusjon:Erik Fosse, uten at det gav noen respons. Jeg skal ta og slette bildet, så det ikke skaper mer forvirring. Hilsen --Kjetil_r 23:32, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:13, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Hama19.JPG is uncategorized since 18 July 2009.
- Image:Pacha2.jpg was uncategorized on 5 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:59, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Pacha.jpg was uncategorized on 5 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:59, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Hattin.Jacotin.1826.tiff was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:34, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Jacotin.Hattin.tiff was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:34, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Picture3047.jpg was uncategorized on 21 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:10, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
I was updating the English Wikipedia article on al-Eizariya (biblical Bethany) and saw the group of postcards of the town that you had scanned and uploaded. Do you have any more information on the source and date of the postcards? At least one is identified as being from the Fr. Vester Company of Jerusalem, which would seem to indicate a source with the American Colony at the turn of the 20th century.--Texas Whitt (talk) 13:21, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
I'm a user from the hebrew Wikipedia and am very intrested in the subject of Israel/Palestine during world war I. As I see you are intrested in Palestinian leaders, I would like to know if you can help me find material in english (unfortunately I donot speak arabic) regarding the great arab figures of the time, for example Khalil El Sakakini, Wasif Jawhariya, Haj Amin al Husseini, and so on...