You wrote: Vedenei, the message was received but was not sufficient to license the media, and we needed additional information. If you are in contact with the subject, they should have received a follow up email with further instructions. If they did not, or they've since lost it, let me know and I can re-send it.
- @Vedenei: Done I have resent the last email correspondence to the original email address. The owner will need to address the issues indicated by the original agent for the release to be usable for Wikimedia Commons. If I can be of any additional help, feel free to ask here or, if it involves private information, you can email me by clicking here. Be mindful that I am travelling currently, and may not reply swiftly, but I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. GMGtalk 01:55, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hi GreenMeansGo! Sorry for the inconvenience, Wiki notified me that you have sent me a mail, unfortunately my old email address listed in Wiki is invalid, I have just changed it to the valid one. Could you resend me the mail again? Thank you very much! Vedenei (talk) 04:59, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
Hi, you sent me messages in terms of two pictures i uploaded some hours ago, there are licence concerns and i don t know how to solve them. The pictures i uploaded have no copyright. How can i prove that? Greets. Vmf123484 (talk) 17:19, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hey Vmf123484. There really isn't such a thing as "no copyright". The copyright for a photograph in most situations is owned by the individual who took the photo, and in a small number of circumstances, a third party who has a legal contractual agreement transferring the intellectual property rights to the image from the photographer. Such images my be freely licensed or dedicated to the public domain by the person who owns the copyright, but there needs to be clear evidence that his has been done in order for the content to be appropriate for upload to Wikimedia Commons. For more information, you may want to review guidance at Commons:Licensing. GMGtalk 17:27, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hey Vmf123484. If you can identify the individual who owns the copyright to the images, and they are willing to license them freely, then they may do so by following the instructions at COM:CONSENT. Please note that such a license is legally binding and irrevocable, and releases the images for use by anyone for any purpose, not simply for use on Wikimedia Commons or Wikipedia. GMGtalk 17:42, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
"File tagging File:ChessFriend-Fire collage.png"Edit
I have included a link to the licence with which the referenced image has been published:
The image shows a screenshot which I have captured on my own and shows the software which I have developed on my own and which I have released under a free software licence. I am new to Wikipedia. Can you please help me to provide you the necessary information that you need in order to publish the image in Wikimedia Commons if the above mentionend link does still not suffice?
- Hey AbstractionIsBeautiful. Thanks for following up. Initially there wasn't any indication that the software itself was freely licensed, which is required for screenshots. With your permission, I'll change the licensing on the image to the MIT license to match the software, becuase I'm not totally sure that the MIT license is compatible with CCBYSA 3.0. GMGtalk 18:56, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Open OTRS ticketEdit
I was looking at some old tickets and came across this one Ticket#2018121110002788 and wondered why it was sitting there so long with an apparent good permission. Am I missing something or maybe did it just slip through the cracks. Ping me if you need something done, though I am not an admin. Ww2censor (talk) 16:52, 22 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hey Ww2censor. Thanks for the heads up. That's strange. I don't remember ever getting a notification that we'd received a reply, and even it I just missed it, my understanding is that it should have automatically unlocked after several days. It definitely shouldn't be sitting there assigned to me after so long. OTRS works in mysterious ways. Anyway, I uploaded one and requested undeletion of the other. Better late than never I guess. GMGtalk 17:22, 22 July 2019 (UTC)
Need your presence at Featured video candidatesEdit
|We request the honor of your presence at Featured video candidates|
Are you Interested in Film Making/Videography/Cinematography or Animated films? We think you are. Featured video candidates needs your help and you can help by reviewing , nominating your videos for the FV Tag.
You can start reviewing/nominating videos now. Welcome ! -- Eatcha (talk) 17:40, 22 July 2019 (UTC)