This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
This is the user talk page of Christian Ferrer, where you can send messages and comments to Christian Ferrer.
Amir Noor Muhammad's uploadsEdit
Hi, I think User:Amir Noor Muhammad, whom you previously banned for a week, may need a longer or even a permanent ban. He unfortunately does not seem to appreciate or care what content is allowable here at the Commons. Since the ban ended, he has uploaded the following images:
- File:Rina2020.jpg – sourced to the website of the Malaysian Parliament. No indication that the photograph is released under a CC licence; at the bottom of the website this appears: "2020 © Hakcipta Terpelihara Parlimen Malaysia" ("All Rights Reserved Malaysian Parliament").
- File:HanipaJPM.jpg – claimed to be "own work", but appears to be from the official Facebook page of the Timbalan Menteri Undang-Undang (Deputy Minister of Law). It is conceivable that Amir Noor was the photographer, but I think some OTRS confirmation is necessary.
- Hi, thanks you for the notification. Indeed for a photo already published without a free compatible license we need an OTRS permission. I deleted the images and blocked the user for 3 month, then we'll see. Christian Ferrer (talk) 12:35, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
- OK, thanks. I don't know whether it will do much good to post a message on his talk page explaining why his uploads are problematic; personally I don't want to engage with him because he just seems to abuse users who post on his talk page. — SGconlaw (talk) 13:09, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
Persistent change of border and edit warringEdit
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that Taha_Khattabi is doing the exact same thing as User SADIQUI that I reported to you a while back. i.e., changing the map borders and edit warring over the changes. Regards. M.Bitton (talk) 18:48, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
- Could you please have a word with them as their actions are very disruptive. Thanks. M.Bitton (talk) 18:55, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, ok, I reverted almost all their edits, I left a note on their talk page, and I semi-protected the maps. Let me know if I missed something, or for other potential issues. Christian Ferrer (talk) 19:29, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
Instead of reverting, I would like to make new updated maps that show both Morocco and the S.A.D.R. based of the true border which is the berm wall. This is abuse and infringement on my freedom to edit false maps. -Taha Khattabi
- No we have policies which restricts our "freedom to edit" (whether the maps are indeed false or not), see my answer in your talk page. Christian Ferrer (talk) 21:41, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
Fair enough. I would just like to point out you made a mistake in reverting the original for https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Morocco_Topography.png. It was originally dotted line border instead of solid because it's disputed. That's what it was like before I reverted it. Please revert it back to the disputed version with dotted line, not solid line, as that is how it was before. -Taha Khattabi
Christian Ferrer, I am requesting permission to be able to update these maps as I have to resources to construct politically and geographical accurate ones. This includes all of the maps that you and M.Britton reverted. Your so called reasoning does not hold up and my edits were reverted purely out of spite, so it is only you acting hastily. It's not fair to act childish for spite and block me from updated incorrect maps that show borders in the wrong places. I'm not sure what your qualifications and credentials are to continuously overturn and block my edits, I doubt you even been to or know anything about Morocco and it's politics. If not, I will flag this for false information and abuse, as you insist on preserving outdated maps.
- @Taha Khattabi: Removing other editors' comments from their own talk (like you did here) and questioning their knowledge and qualifications is not acceptable; and nor is pretending to upload a "better map" while changing the borders to suit your political POV. As for your so called true borders, I suggest you take your concerns to the CIA, seeing as their political map is used extensively throughout the wiki projects; and if that doesn't work, you could always try to convince the UN that their map (the one that the world leaders look at every time they get together) is wrong. M.Bitton (talk) 01:06, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
M.Bitton you're an asshole for reverting every single thing or little change I make out of spite. I don't appreciate the false ways my country is incorrectly portrayed and have sources to justify my changes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Western_Sahara_Wall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Sahara. Thanks for helping me build my case now I can flag you for harassment. You've spent the whole day monitoring the changes I make then pouncing to revert them because it doesn't line up with whatever agenda you have, then have the nerve to go and report me to an admin because you're upset. Get a life
- @Christian Ferrer: As well as the personal attacks, I would also like to report that, as if removing your comment wasn't enough, they have decided to change my comment too and are now edit warring over the change that I highlighted above. M.Bitton (talk) 01:50, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Christian Ferrer: I second this and report that the user M.Bitton has started edit warring again and constantly harassing.
@ChristianFerrer request to semi-protect https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sahrawi_Arab_Democratic_Republic_(orthographic_projection).svg, this is getting out of hand clearly this guy has too much time on his hands. - TahaKhattabi
- Don't worry, the file will be semi-protected and your changes reverted per Commons:Overwriting existing files, especially after what you wrote when asked to restore the border that you removed: I don't need to do anything, I will not restore a border that is fictional. Correct border according to the berm wall with the different shades of green. Keep going at this buddy, I've got all night., leaving no doubt as to what you're trying to achieve. M.Bitton (talk) 02:21, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
If anything it will be restored to https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/0/07/20201121133434%21Sahrawi_Arab_Democratic_Republic_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg per Commons:Overwriting existing files because the user inverted the colors. That's a far bigger change than missing border that you're hallucinating. Taha Khattabi
ikidata weekly summary #443Edit
The picture submitted for the wikipedia page should be kept.
Quality Image PromotionEdit
Your image has been reviewed and promoted
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
We also invite you to take part in the categorization of recently promoted quality images.
Support Good quality. --Tournasol7 16:27, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
Hallo Christian, ich habe gerade gesehen, dass das Logo (von Dir?) gelöscht wurde. Ich weiß nicht, wie die ursprüngliche Datei aussah, aber wenn ich mir die gsk Webseite anschaue, fällt das dort verwendete Logo nmM klar in die Category:Simple SVG text logos. Es ist sicher nicht komplexer als die dort eingeordneten File:.NET Core Logo.svg oder File:AccuPower Logo.svg. In de:WP ist die Datei:GlaxoSmithKline-Logo.svg mit Erreicht nicht die nötige Schöpfungshöhe, um Urheberrechtsschutz zu genießen, daher zu enzyklopädischen Zwecken zu verwenden. Insofern meine ich, dass man das GSK Logo hochladen und unter Category:Simple SVG text logos einsortieren könnte. Gruß --Bert (talk) 19:41, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, I don't speak your langage, but I guess you are saying that the logo may be below the Threshold of originality. However the company is from the United Kingdom, and, as per Commons:Threshold_of_originality#United_Kingdom, almost all logos from there are not OK for Wikimedia Commons. Sorry, Christian Ferrer (talk) 22:32, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, in my browser view the top of your page appears in German, therefore I thought you are German.
- Yes, the question was why the file was deleted as for me it looks like that the logo at gsk Webseite is very simple, similar to File:.NET Core Logo.svg or File:AccuPower Logo.svg which are covered by Category:Simple SVG text logos. Also in the German WP the Datei:GlaxoSmithKline-Logo.svg is marked below threshold of originality to claim for copyright protection and therefore it is free to use. Regards --Bert (talk) 23:50, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- Yes but the threshold of originality depends on the country law where is based the company, GSK is from the UK, and in the UK the requirement to have a copyright protection is very low, maybe one the lowest, e.g. en:File:EDGE magazine (logo).svg can not be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. Christian Ferrer (talk) 05:38, 27 November 2020 (UTC)
Deletion of File:Kenpaullon Structural Formula V1.svgEdit
Hello Christian, could you please delete the marked file? There is a chemical mistake in the structural formula which was already corrected by the original uploader. Thanks in advance, Chem Sim 2001 (talk) 21:42, 27 November 2020 (UTC)
The image File:2017, cuba, jardines aggressor, playa bonita, spineyhead blennie (23700572188).jpg, that you uploaded is now assessed as one of the finest pictures on Wikimedia Commons, the nomination is available at Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:2017, cuba, jardines aggressor, playa bonita, spineyhead blennie (23700572188).jpg. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate, please do so at this nomination page.
The image File:Lac du Salagou - October 2020.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Lac du Salagou - October 2020.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.